10. ♥

A/N - 3k READS? WOW....! TYSMMM Happy reading <3

"Y/N, would you like to go to a café?" Dazai asked, I could just see the smirk growing on his face.

"Yes yes yes! Please!" I jumped up and down in the back of the van, but was quickly pushed back down by Dazai. I had to stay silent for Dazai, since he was on a call with one of the agency members 'important business' is what he told me.

We arrived at the café, so Dazai and I hopped off the van and snuck to a table. He ordered a tea, and I got apple juice and a slice of chocolate brownie from the cabinet. I was munching on my brownie, looking around at the vast majority of people here, but that's when I spotted him. The man with a voice coated in a thick russian accent. The man who somehow knew I was a test subject all along. The man who knew I wasn't from this world, and he knew what world I was from.

My breathe hitched and I froze. Fear overwhelmed me and I dropped the brownie back onto the plate. Dazai looked over at me, slightly confused. After he saw who I was staring at, he tapped my arm, bringing me back to focus.

"Are you alright, Y/N? You seem shocked by that man? Do you know him?" He interrogated me, but his voice was low and like a slight whisper.

"I- I'll tell you when we get back home," I whispered, not taking my eyes off the familiar man. He stood up, preparing to leave, that was until Dazai opened his big mouth.

"Hey there, great café they've got here, huh?" He smiled, looking menacingly towards the Russian man. His eyes widened as he looked our way, shock written all over his face.

"I bet you would like to know what we're doing here," Dazai said, indicating the two of us.

"Long time no see, rat," We all looked over to see the Guild's leader, reading the newspaper whilst sipping on some coffee or tea.

"A- Astounding," The rat breathed out. The three continued to talk, it was all stuff I wouldn't understand. Something to do with some 'eyes of god?'. About a dozen police showed up, that peaked my interest. The seemed to be taking Mr. Rat into custody. One police member went to put the handcuffs on Mr. Rat, but blood splattered all over his mask. I gasped in surprise and fear, but Dazai squeezed my hand in reassurance.

"Try anything else and we wont even bother with you, we'll shoot," A man with glasses spat.

"Fine fine, I'll go," His voice sounded so sly, but he complied with the police force regardless. Once they had left the café with the Russian Rat, I let out a sigh of relief.

I turned my back to the police force, and pushed my head into Dazai's side. He let go of my hand, and in a second I could feel his hands on my waist, picking me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist, as far as my legs would reach. He was holding me tight and close to him, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. The two of us kept this position for at least a minute or so, before he pulled his head back, so we were face to face.

"I expect you to explain this situation as soon as we get home," he whispered to me, before walking out, leaving the café, and half of my brownie.

The trip home was surprisingly short and sweet, but the atmosphere changed once we stepped foot in Dazai's apartment. I was ushered to the 'living room' where we sat down on the same sofa, our legs crisscrossed while we faced each other.

"So what's the deal with that rat and you?" Dazai questioned, not breaking eye contact. I shivered, remembering the memories, but gulped down my nervousness and started to explain the whole story.

"He won't wake up for a while... I suggest you give up on him for the moment. Your other friends need you., you'll be a greater help then, you might not think of yourself as a weak child anymore. But it's all your choice, test subject 2528," A tall man stood at the door, his black hair framed his face and his purple eyes shown in the light. But how, how did someone from this world know about my former life? I could tell this wasn't anyone from my world, not Sir Alastor nor Ivan. His voice was coated by a strong Russian accent, and it rang in my ears. It was a sweet nightmare. But before a squeak could leave my mouth, he vanished. The door stood wide open, and I could feel the slight breeze from the open windows, just who was this man? I felt the sweet pain of tears roll down my cheek as I recalled those memories. Those horrid memories.

I told Dazai everything. My name in the lab with Sir Alastor, how he somehow knew my thoughts, yet I knew he wasn't from my world. I would've recognized him. I continued to ramble on, my memories becoming theories about how the hell he, the rat, could know such terrible memories of mine.

"Can I have a donut now?" I asked, giving him my best attempt at puppy eyes.

"Sure, let's go grab you a donut, I mean how could I say no," Dazai smiled at me as I was lifted off the ground and into his arms.

The trip to the donut store was short and sweet. The cashier was the best! He gave me an extra cinnamon donut for the road! I munched on it while walking home, rubbing it in Dazai's face that I got another donut and he didn't.

A/N

I know I know this is sooo short...I'm sorry again. I'm kinda at a loss for motivation but then I keep getting comments that make me wanna write, I kinda felt like I had to post this for you guys otherwise it could be another month before I post again...