✿EIGHT✿

Previously: "I hope you're happy to see me doing what I always wanted, Sun. I think I finally found love again..." I thought to myself as sleep took over me.

1 month later
Jake's POV:
I texted Jungwon, I needed to take a day off as Yunjae had an appointment with Dr. Park today.

Me

Jungwon-ssi, I have to take my son for a doctor's appointment, so I'll not be able to go to work today. But don't worry, I've given your schedule to Sunghoon, he'll be with you for today.

Yang Jungwon
Alright Hyung, take care.

After cooking breakfast, I went to wake up Yunjae, but found him already awake. "Yun-ah" I called him softly. He looked up at me, and I could see his eyes having tears in them. "What happened Yunnie? Why are you crying?" I asked him, worried. "Dada...I don't wanna go to the hospital" He said and started sobbing. I sighed, went up to him and hugged him. "But Yun-ah, if you don't go for a check up, how will you become healthy again? Hmm?" I said softly while combing his hair with my hand. "Bu-but Dada I-I am s-sca- scared" He said in hiccups, still crying. "No need to be scared Yun, Dada will be with you, nothing will happen." He looked up at me with big eyes. "Promise?" He asked while jutting his pinky out. "Promise." I said and joined my pinky with him. He hugged me tightly, burying his head on my chest. I stroked his back, and soon he calmed down. "That's like a good boy." I smiled and said.

After a short drive, we reached the hospital. I went to the receptionist and asked about the appointment. She asked us to wait and that Yunjae will be called when his turn comes. I could see him being all fidgety and nervous- I was nervous as well. As to what Dr. Park previously said Yunjae's congestion was not very critical and could be treated with medication. But there could be chances the medicines don't work and he needed to undergo a surgery, which I hope doesn't happen. "Shim Yunjae, please come in." The nurse called our name. We went inside and saw Dr. Park sitting. "Please take a seat." He said and we sat on the seats opposite to him.

✿✿✿✿✿

Jay's POV:
I was happy to see them again. I saw Jaeyun and Yunjae standing, and asked them to take a seat. They looked really nervous, especially Yunjae. "Good morning sir." Jaeyun wished me. "Good morning to you as well." I greeted him back. "Well, hello there Yunjae." I smiled and greeted him, trying to ease his nervousness. He visibly tensed up on hearing me speak to him. "Hello...." He mumbled. I had the test reports of Yunjae in my hand and started viewing them. What I saw, made me quite happy. The medications were working, and it seems he didn't need to undergo the surgery. I could feel both of their eyes on me. "The reports are pretty good." I saw a wave of relief washing over Jaeyun, it made me happy too. I continued, " Yunjae doesn't need to undergo surgery, but the medications need to continue for the next 6 months." He genuinely smiled at me, and when I say it's the prettiest thing ever- I couldn't take my eyes away. "What happened Dada?" I could hear Yunjae ask. "Yunnie, you don't need to have medicines after six months, just a few more months and you will be fine" He replied and hugged him tightly, the moment was truly heart-melting. "So well.... that's it I guess? Please don't worry, and Yunjae-ah, you will be fine soon!" I reassured them and smiled at Yunjae, ruffling his hair a bit.

"Dr. Park is really handsome, as handsome as Dada!" Yunjae suddenly exclaimed while giggling. I was a bit taken back, and so was Jaeyun. He clearly looked embarrassed- how cute. "Yun-ah what are you saying?" "What Dada? Don't you think Dr. Park is handsome too? He looks like an actor!" Jaeyun glared at him slightly and apologized to me. "No no, it's fine. Don't worry, and why, thank you Yunjae-ah" I patted his head. "Good bye for today? And do update me from time to time if you can." I said Jaeyun. "Uhm Dr. Park- can you uh please give me your contact number?" He looked flustered. "No I mean it's that you asked me to update you that's why it's okay if you-" I slightly chuckled at that. " It's okay, I'll give you my contact number. Feel free to contact me if any complications arise." We exchanged numbers, after that he thanked me and they left. "Bye Dr. Park!" I saw Yunjae wave at me enthusiastically. "Bye Yunjae." I waved back. They left, and I could feel my heart leaping again..that fuzzy feeling inside..I really wanted to know more about Jaeyun-ssi now.

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 828

Author's note: I'm honestly sorry for the short chapters, I am trying to make it longer! Again, I'm sorry for the short chapters T_T Please bear with me. Also, this book is gonna be a bit long I think- almost 30 chapters or some, so this is just the beginning! Stay tuned<3 I love you guys, take care! comment loads and vote if you can! <3
~Poppy🤍