✿TWELVE✿

Previously: I shot up at the sound of the familiar voice, seeing the person whom I least expected to see any time soon. "Jaeyun-ssi."

Jay's POV:
I was pretty surprised to see him. I just collided with him? How's this even possible? But honestly, it did make me feel a bit better, my heart felt at ease after seeing him. "Dr. Park, are you fine?" He asked me. "I'm fine, Jaeyun-ssi. I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going, are you okay? Did you get hurt somewhere?'' ''No, I'm fine. But, you...here?" His voice gave away his curiosity, ofcourse, I'm a doctor. The last place one expects me to come is to a company related to the Entertainment industry. But what do I say to him? "Well, I came....to meet someone, nothing much." I somehow managed to say. "Oh! Does someone you're acquainted with work here?" He asked, giving me a heart warming smile, his eyes turning into crescents. "Well, yes." I said while smiling back, not telling the person's name.

"JAKEYYY WAIT FOR ME- Oh sorry" I heard a voice of a male say, I looked up to see a guy taller than Jaeyun, but hardly an inch shorter than me. I saw him look at me for a while before he turned to Jaeyun, "Jake you talk to him, I'd be leaving now, gotta meet Jungwon." He said and hurriedly left. "Uhm, well if you don't mind me asking, you work here?" I asked Jaeyun, hoping that I don't come across as a nosy person. "Ah yes, Dr. Park, I work as the manager of Yang Jungwon, you know?" I froze. Yang Jungwon...so he works as his manager? So he doesn't know that I'm related to him, it's good that he doesn't. I gulped. "Oh, that's great!" I said, trying to sound as cheerful as I can. "Also, you can just call me Jongseong, Dr. Park seems too formal". I added, slightly blushing at the too straightforward request. I don't know from where on earth did I have this sudden confidence, oh good lord, he probably thinks I'm a creep. I could see his eyes widen a bit too. "Well, uhm, sure just...like what's your age? I mean you don't have to say if you don't want to I just asked if you know if I need to add honorifics or no-" "I'm 30, and it's okay, you don't need to explain to me." I tried to reassure him.

"You're- you're 30? Really?" He seemed taken aback by this sudden knowledge. I slightly chuckled at that. "I know I'm old so-" "No, you're actually pretty...uh- I mean I'm 30 too." He said, and I could see his cheeks turn a soft hue of red. He is adorable, ah my heart. "You're 30 too? Then we're the same age, so no honorifics needed. Also, I hope Yunjae's fine?" "Yes he is, he's a lot better now, thanks once again for everything." "It's fine, Jaeyun-ssi, it's my duty." He smiled. "Oh, and you can call me Jaeyun too, after all we're the same age." He added. "Sure, Jaeyun." He nodded and I checked my watch, it's time I leave, otherwise I'd be late to the hospital.

"I'm so sorry but I've to take my leave, I hope we'll meet soon Jaeyun. Bye!" "Ah, yes yes, sure, goodbye to you too.. Jongseong." The way he said my name made me feel... fuzzy. That feeling again, those butterflies came gushing back again, ahh lord, help. I left the place, and saw him getting inside the elevator as well. One thing I realised was that I'm in love, deeply in love with him.

✿✿✿✿✿

Sunghoon's POV:
I hurriedly made my way towards my office since it was awkward you know- like me interrupting Jake and Dr. Park talking, speaking of which, Dr. Park was really handsome? Like I've seen him a few times we went for appointments with grandpa, but he had a glow up it seems. I chuckled at that. Honestly, the way they were talking was so cute! I'm definitely gonna tease Jakeyy so much hehe~But something about him being here didn't sit right with me. Why would he be here? Maybe he's here to meet someone, I'd ask Jake once he's here.

I sat down at my desk and started replying to the mails from yesterday, there are so many of them, ughh. "Excuse me, do you know where Jake-ssi is? Jungwon-ssi wants to meet him." I heard Sana,a staff member, ask. "Well, he's not here yet, he's talking to someone in the lobby. Does he need something? I can do it for him." I asked. "Sunghoon-ssi, actually Jungwon-ssi called me up asking me to look for Jake-ssi, he sounded very stressed and upset, I am afraid if I tell him Jake-ssi isn't here, I'd be screwed. Can you please go by yourself?" She mumbled to me in a whisper, there we go, Jungwon and his bad temper. "Alright Sana, I'll go, thank you for informing me." I smiled at her and she did the same, leaving the place. I made my way towards his office.

I knocked at the door. "Come in." I went inside to see something unbelievable. Everything at his desk was a mess, papers scattered everywhere, even the flower vase by his desk was shattered, small pieces of broken glass laying on the floor, his office was a complete mess. I slowly went inside, careful not to step on the broken glass. "Jungwon-ah...what...what happened? Why are you so-" I couldn't finish my sentence, before he hugged my torso tightly, putting his head on my stomach. I could feel him shaking a bit, some tears seeped through my shirt as well. He was crying, unbelievable. "I hate them all, fucking hate them all. He dared to show his face here, why can't they leave me alone!?" I heard him speak in a heavy voice, it seemed he was very angry. But, who came here? Who made him so upset? I could feel my insides churn at the sight of him crying. It made me beyond upset. Jungwon was exceptionally calm and collected for his age, he was really mature. Something that made him cry must be serious. I didn't know what to say, he continued crying, while I stroked his hair and patted his head.

After a while, he stopped crying, and let me go. "I'm sorry, Sunghoon." He apologised while looking away, it seemed he was kind of embarrassed. I smiled softly at him. "You don't need to be sorry Won, and it's okay. But tell me, how did you become so upset as to throw everything and anything you got your hands on? What if you'd get hurt?" I told him, if anything I was genuinely worried about his well being. "I..know. I shouldn't have done it but I was too angry to think sensibly, so I apologise." He said, keeping his head low. "Won, look at me." He looked up at me, his beautiful brown eyes looked puffed and red, I felt my heart break.

"Listen, I understand something or someone must have made you super angry, but..you know you can always share it with us right? Don't do this ever again, I'm always there for you, just one call and I'd be here." I looked straight at him, trying to sound as sincere as possible since I literally meant everything.

He stood up, and hugged me once again. It felt warm, this felt absolutely magnificent. Just like the cup of warm coffee that could soothe your insides on a cold evening. His hug soothed me, it did. I wrapped my arms around him, never wanting to let him go. "Sunghoon Hyung." "Hmm?" "Thank you for being the only reliable person in my life, I really am thankful to you." He gave me a smile, and I smiled back at him. "I'm always there for you Jungwon, you don't need to thank me, because I want to be the one you'd want to rely on." He eventually let me go. "Where's Jake Hyung? I called for him-" "He's not here yet Jungwon, he's talking to someone at the lobby.'' He nodded and sat down again.

"Now will you tell me, what exactly happened? Of Course if you are comfortable, but I insist you tell me so that I can tell your fans to break that person's bones- they'll definitely not let their Yang sheep be sad." I told him, trying to lighten up the mood. He softly chuckled at that, it was adorable. "Nah Hyung, it's nothing, just some unpleasant encounter which I want to forget." "So someone came to meet you?" "Yes." Someone came to meet Jungwon, and I also saw Dr. Park here, is there anyway they both met? No... that can't be. If they were any way related, he would've told me...right? Well he doesn't really talk about his family anyways, he isn't on good terms with them. I decided to let that thought dissipate, because all I wanted was to see Won fine. It wasn't that I was not curious, rather I didn't ask him further because it might trigger him again, so I let it be. This DEFINITELY can wait, I'm sure Won shall tell me once he's comfortable. I looked at him. He was staring outside the glass window, looking kind of lost.

There was an awkward silence engulfing us. I stood there quietly. "You can leave Sunghoon Hyung, and tell Jake Hyung to cancel my schedules entirely for today, I'm not feeling well. I'll go home." "I can drive you-" "No need Sunghoon Hyung, I'll be fine on my own. Thank you for everything though. Oh, and please ask someone to clean this mess up." I nodded, and he again engulfed me in a brief hug. He has never been so touchy, ever. He literally felt so vulnerable today, making me want to protect him.

*Only if you'd let me comfort you every time Jungwon-ah..." I shook my head, trying to get rid of those thoughts. It wasn't the time to think of these things. I patted his back, and he left without saying anything further, the sound of the door closing echoing in the office.

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 1,720

Author's note: Chapter twelve done! And we're hitting the climax of the story. Things will get more intense and interesting, but we'll also get soft and fluffy moments for both our ships! (Cause your author is a sucker for fluff T_T) Sunghoon is smart, don't you guys think so? Do you think he'll find out that it's Jay who came to see Jungwon? Tell me your thoughts everyone!

Do comment down your thoughts below and vote if you can! Stay safe and healthy, you all! Love you guys so much! <3
~Poppy🤍