✿NINE✿

Previously: They left, and I could feel my heart leaping again..that fuzzy feeling inside..I really wanted to know more about Jaeyun-ssi now.

Jake's POV:
Happy would be an understatement to what I was feeling right now, I was ECSTATIC to say the least. Dr. Park said that Yunjae just needs to continue the medication for the next six months, that he does not need to undergo a surgery. Hopefully, he'll be fine after that."Dada, Dr. Park is so nice! I like him" Yunjae exclaimed, it seems he had taken a liking to Dr.Park. Indeed, he was a very nice person, kind, humble and sweet. I'd forever be grateful to him. Well... I did give my contact number to him- did I come off as too desperate? What if he thought I had some other intentions? That would be so embarassing, hopefully he didn't think something like that. I could feel myself blushing slightly at that thought. I got rid of those thoughts and remembered that I had to call Sunghoon to let him know. Well, I'll call up Sunghoon as soon as I go back, he must be worried about Yunnie, he loved Yun like anything, and spoiled him too much as well. His uncle Sunghoon was his confidanté, literally. Suddenly I felt a tug at my shirt sleeves. "Dada...can we have ice-cream pwease?" He requested, black doe eyes staring right at me. Who was I to say no to such an adorable request? "Okay, let's go!" He jumped excitedly, and we went to the nearest ice-cream parlour. I got him chocolate flavour and got myself a mango flavour. We chatted the entire way back, while happily savouring the delicacy that we bought ourselves,maybe our merry hearts made it a lot more delicious,who knows? Happy giggles and excited chatters echoed in the empty streets as we walked back home, hand-in hand, smiling.

✿✿✿✿✿

Later that night, 11:00 pm
Yang studios
Sunghoon's POV:
"Finally, done!" Pheww...." I exclaimed. "Jungwon is gonna have hell of a pressure these upcoming days, like look at this schedule." I thought while going through the schedule which I had sorted out. I rechecked if I had replied to all the mails, and other things, twice, as it'll be a problem if I don't do everything perfectly. I had immense pressure today since Jakey was not here, I had to handle things myself only. I felt so tired, and I could see my bed calling me. I just wanted to go, and sleep. After tidying up my desk and switching off the lights, I decided to go and check Jungwon's cabin, to see him still working. I knocked, but didn't get a response, only after knocking for a few times did he see me. "Oh Sunghoon Hyung! What are you doing here? Why didn't you leave?" He asked me, still not looking away from the computer. "I had work" I said and he nodded his head.

I sat myself on a couch opposite to his desk, and watched him intently. I could hear occasional humming and writing, then typing again. This went on for a long time. I checked my watch to see it was past midnight, almost 12:15 am. "Jungwon-ah, let's leave now, it's really late, you have a really packed up schedule tomorrow. Let's go." I was about to stand up when I felt a hand stopping me. Jungwon's hand. He was holding my wrist, in an attempt to stop me. I could feel my cheeks turning a slight tint of red, I couldn't believe he held my hand like that. I didn't say a word and he kept holding it, continuously typing. "It's done, yes." I turned back to see him smiling softly at me, dimples making their way to sit beautifully on his soft cheeks. I was going crazy now, he didn't leave my hand yet and now he's smiling at me?!?? No doubt his fans go crazy at his smile, everyone would. (A/N: I mean who wouldn't?!? Our Yang leader is so cute with the cutest dimples ughh I melt everytime I see it TT) "Thank you for waiting Hyung, well..can you listen to this?" He asked me. How could I say no to that? It was once in a lifetime opportunity, anyone would want to listen to his songs before they're released, I kinda felt special. "Sure, but how would I go if you hold me down like that? Let me go." I told him softly, his eyes slightly widened. He quickly let me go and I sat down back, waiting for him to start. He grabbed his guitar, and started singing.

Under the cherry blossoms, the skies beautiful
I saw you for the first time
Your beautiful smile, the prettiest eyes
It was a love at first sight.
I could feel my heart beating for you, sheer anticipation filled in it
All I wanted was, to see you smile
And you did, but smile at somebody
Whom I could never become.
Looked at him the way I looked at you
Kissed him soft, hand in hand
I could feel it burning, my heart
Yet, all I could do is, see, and pretend to be happy.
Was I not enough?
Was I so unworthy? That you couldn't love me?
My heart yearns for you, yet I can't do anything
You smile at him, you kiss him soft
He hugged you like I wanted once
Yet, all I could do is, see , and pretend to be happy
Was I not enough?
Was I so unworthy? That you couldn't love me?
You kissed him soft, you held his hands,
Like I wanted to do, once.
My unrequited love.

I could feel my eyesight blurr. Tears started to accumulate in the crook of my eyes, fuck, this hurt. This was the way I felt for...him. It hurt, yet I couldn't stop loving him. I still craved for him, and I could do everything to just see him happy. The strumming of the guitar stopped, signifying the song had come to an end. "How was it Hyung?" He asked, anticipation evident in his voice. I didn't say anything, just nodded my head, in fear of giving away all the emotions I've been holding in. "What the fuck Park Sunghoon, get a hold of yourself." I chided myself as I spoke, "It was really amazing Won, I was lost in it." I could see his eyes twinkle, and he broke out into a grin, those cute little indents making their way to adorn his cheeks once again. My heart felt so full, yet I couldn't get over the bitter feeling. "WonWon (s) will like it, right? "Yep, definitely. This is great, actually, don't worry Won-ah." (A/N: Don't come at me for the fandom name, it was totally random and I couldn't get anything better sorryyy :P) "It hurts right? Not being loved the same way you love someone?" He asked, in a soft voice. "It does...it hurts so much, yet you can't stop yourself from loving that person even more. It's complicated, very complicated." He looked at me for a good while, I could feel his gaze lingering on my face, and not gonna lie, it did make me a bit uncomfortable. No one was there in the building since it was past work hours. "Let's go home Jungwon, it's pretty late." I said in order to break the awkward and heavy atmosphere that suddenly took over the place. He nodded his head, and we left the office.

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 1,266

Author's note:
Well, we can see that Sunghoon is hopelessly in love with Jungwon, yet Jungwon doesn't seem to see that, pretty sad right? :< And also that song, I made up the lyrics myself, not the best but I feel it does fit the story. And Yess, a long chapter! Do comment down your thoughts below and vote if you can. Thank you for reading! Stay safe, love you all! <33
~Poppy🤍