✿THIRTEEN✿

Previously: I patted his back, and he left without saying anything further, the sound of the door closing echoing in the office.

Jake's POV:

After Jongseong left, I made my way to the elevator. The doors opened, and I saw Jungwon-ssi getting out of the lift. "Ah, Jungwon-ssi we still have some time left for the schedules-" I didn't continue further on seeing his demeanour. He looked distraught, totally a mess. "You don't look too well Jungwon, are you fine?" He smiled lightly, his eyes bloodshot red. "I'm just a bit stressed,Jake Hyung, I'll take a break today, I'm not feeling well. Please cancel my schedules for today, tell them I'm sorry, too." He told me, voice hoarse. I nodded, smiling slightly. "Uhm hmm, I will, take care Jungwon." He nodded his head in affirmation and left the building.

It was strange to see him this messed up. He's always organised, and has his emotions under control. Something must have made him really angry. I shrugged it off, not giving it much thought. As soon as I reached the floor where my office is, I saw Sunghoon standing in front of Jungwon's office with an upset face. I approached him, but he was in too deep a thought to feel my presence. "Hoon..Hoon... Sunghoon... SUNGHOON!" This time he looked at me. "What were you thinking? I've been calling you since forever.'' He looked down while scratching his neck a bit. "Err I'm sorry, I was kind of worried about Jungwon- oh right he told me to cancel all his schedule for today since he's not feeli-" "I know Hoon, I met him. Do you know what happened to him? He looked pretty....unwell." Sunghoon shook his head. "Nah, I don't know." "It's fine, I just hope he's better after resting, afterall he's still young." "Right." Sunghoon said, and went back to his desk. I went back to my desk as well, and started working.

Later that night
Jake's POV:

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, sir. Jungwon-ssi said he's sorry too. Yea...thank you so much for considering, he will go for the shoot as soon as possible. Thank you, have a great night." I finished calling up the last person on the list of scheduled meets. There were a lot of people to call up and mail to, thankfully Sunghoon was there to help and mailed the others. I could feel my body and head ache, my neck felt numb too. I looked at Hoon's direction to see him still working. I went up to him. "Hoonie, you done?" "Yea almost, I'm replying to the last mail." "Alright, I'll wait for you." "Okie"

A few minutes later, he finished his work. "Let's go Jake, I'm so tired noooo" he whined, pouting slightly. I chuckled at that, he can be really childish, sometimes it feels like he and Yun are of the same age. "Aww stop sulking Mr. Park, we're done for today right? Just go and sleep tight." "Jakeyyy hug mee I'm tired." He said and put his head on my shoulder, I patted his head and hugged him sideways. We remained that way for a while. "Let's go now?" I asked Sunghoon. He nodded his head and we headed towards our houses.

After dropping Sunghoon and picking Yunjae up, we headed home. Yunjae was excitedly talking about his little playdate with Heeseung and Riki, and how Riki started crying when Heeseung took his lego pieces and ran away, but soon came back and returned them to him because Riki was crying. "Dada, I really like Heeseung and Riki, they are my best friends!" He said, I smiled at that. "Of Course baby.''

I took a left turn, since it was turning late and this road was a short cut one, but soon stopped as I saw a familiar figure at a distance. Isn't that.... Jongseong? I hurriedly made my way out of the car. "Yunnie, Dada will be checking something, don't go out of the car okay?" "Okay dada" I walked closer to see Jongseong standing, a car was there too. I decided to approach him, it seemed he needed help.

✿✿✿✿✿

Jay's POV:

I left the hospital early today, since I didn't have many patients. In order to reach home early, I took a shortcut. Suddenly, my car stopped abruptly. I tried to start it multiple times, but it just won't budge. It broke down in the middle of a dark alleyway, great. I decided to go out and check the car, it seemed it needed to be repaired. But the main problem was, how do I reach home? It's still almost 20 minutes away from here and I can't leave the car like this on the road either. I was in huge trouble, holy shit. I decided to call up the mechanic service, they said they'll be here in a few minutes.

I didn't have any options left, so I decided to stand and wait. After a few minutes, I saw a car coming. The car stopped, it seemed they saw me. I was relieved, but wasn't too sure whether they'll help a random stranger on the street. I saw a figure come out, making their way towards me. It was a male, as they approached me closer, I got to see their face, and I was shocked?!? Jaeyun, he was the one who saw me? Is this fate? Must be. "Dr. Pa- Jongseong, is there any problem?" He asked me. "Uhm you see Jaeyun, my car just broke down in the middle of the street. I called up the mechanics, they said they'll be here in a few. I'm waiting for them" I said. "That's bad. How'd you go home?" "I'll walk, probably." He seemed to think for a moment before speaking. "Er...is it fine if I give you a ride back home? Walking back will take time." "No Jaeyun, you should leave. It's getting late and I don't want to bother you." "No no no no you're not a bother I really wanna help and it's okay I would love to stay with you." He hurriedly said.

Gosh, no, it's too much for my heart to take. I was literally cursing my car for breaking down but I'm thanking it now, at least I got to spend time with Jaeyun. "Sure, then. Thank you so much for helping." I flashed him a genuine smile, and he smiled back. Amidst our conversation, the mechanics already arrived, and took my car. I thanked them, and they left. Jaeyun guided me towards his car, and I followed him. My palms were sweaty, this feeling was foreign, yet nice. "Jongseong, can you sit in the back seat? Yunjae is there on the passenger's seat, that's why" He said. "Ofcourse, no issues." I said and sat myself. I gave Jaeyun the directions to my house. As soon as I sat down, I saw Yunjae's eyes widening slightly, soon turning into crescents as he gave me an adorable smile. "Doctor uncle!" Hello!" He said while waving at me, I waved back. "Hello to you too, Yunjae. How're you?" I asked him, smiling softly. "I'm fine, thanks to you!" "I'm glad to hear that, Yunjae."

"Dada Dada, will uncle go to our house?" I heard him ask. I felt my cheeks slightly burning at that. "No-noo Yunnie, uncle's car broke down so we will drop him off at his place." Jaeyun said to him. "Noooo I thought he would go with us." He exclaimed while pouting, so cute. "I will one day, Yunjae. Not today, okay?" I told him and ruffled his hair slightly. He nodded. The ride was silent, only the sound of the engine whirring. I smiled to myself, I felt really happy, might as well be honest. We soon reached my place, and Jaeyun parked the car. "I guess that's my que to leave, thank you Jaeyun." I told him, and he smiled at me. "No problem Jongseong, we are...friends remember?" He said. I nodded. I just didn't want to be friends with him though. I'll tell him eventually, not now. "Bye Yunjae." I told him. "Doctor uncle, pinky promise me that you will come to our house?" He asked me while jutting his pinky out."Pinky promise" I said, and joined our pinkies together. Yunjae smiled at me while I reciprocated the action. After bidding our last goodbyes, they left, and I made my way inside my house, feeling extremely elated. "I think it's time I make a move, I like him too much already." I thought and smiled to myself.

✿✿✿✿✿

Word count: 1,438

Author's note: We got a Jayke moment here! Also, Yunjae seems to really love Jay, what do you guys think? Do let me know! Comment down your thoughts below, and vote if you can! Stay safe, I love you all!♥️
~Poppy🤍