✿TWENTY THREE✿

Previously: "Shit." I hurriedly crouched down and started picking them up, but it was too late.

After Jungwon left

Jake's POV:
I was worried for Jungwon, the way he left was too bad. It was so abrupt, so sudden… "Jake, do you… do you think he'll talk to me normally, we'll be able to form a stable friendship? I really want us to become normal, it's what I have wanted for years...will he stop blaming me and my mom for everything that he went through, now that he knows?" His voice cracked and he started sobbing while clutching my hand tightly. My vision blurred a bit too, it just hurt to see him being down this bad. I might have not known him for long but I, for sure know that he isn't a bad person.

I caressed his head with my other hand while letting him cry his grief out, he needs it. "It's okay Jay-ah, you're okay, everything is gonna turn out fine, trust me.." He looked up at me with puffy red eyes, nose and cheeks flushed because of the immense amount of crying he did. "Really?" I smiled softly at him. "Really Jongseong.'' He sniffled a bit and then buried his head on my stomach, nuzzling it softly. "It better be Jake, I don't want us to stay mad at each other, After all he was wronged and so was I." I caressed his cheek and put a gentle kiss on the tip of his nose.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. "Wait, Sunghoon?" I was kind of shocked to see him call at this hour, but I think it might be urgent, so I picked up. ''Yes Hoon?" "Jakey, Jungwon j-just called me and he seems hella drunk.'' My eyeballs were almost popping out of my sockets. "What?! Shit." "Like I don't know, what happened Jakey? He was supposed to be with you today, did something upsetting happen?" I cleared my throat, now ain't the right time to say Hoon everything.

"Well, nothing serious. You should definitely go pick him up, and call me once you find him okay? If you need help, I'm only a call away." "Alright, I'll head back then.'' He ended the call.

"Jay, Sunghoon, my best friend called. He said Jungwon called him, and he was super drunk, he's heading to the location to pick him up." I told him in a worried tone, guilt taking over me because, there's no denying that our entire conversation and him coming to terms with the real person behind his first ruined career made him this broken.

Jay's face visibly lost colour. "Jake, he won't be in a trouble right?'' He asked me, panic evident in his voice. "Don't worry Jay, till the time Sunghoon is there with him, he'll be fine, he's absolutely in safe hands." He hummed and I hugged him, he tucked his head into my neck and sniffed it softly. "Your scent feels comforting, you know? Just like my mom." I chuckled at that. He can be childish at times, but I simply adore it.

"Well then, shall we head back home Jay?" He nodded his head vigorously. "Okay, then I'll drive alright? You seem really drained out Jay.'' ''Sure, I don't even want to drive." We both laughed and exited the place.

✿✿✿✿✿

Trigger warning: Might contain mentions of suicide, very subtle though. Please ignore if you are uncomfortable.

At present, Jungwon's house
Sunghoon's POV:

I was collecting the now scattered pictures on the floor as fast as I could. "Hyung, did you search this place?" His voice was unnerving, calm, which gave me chills. "No Jungwon-ah actually I was just c-curious, I'm so-sorry I didn't mean to invade your privacy-" "But you just DID HYUNG?!" He suddenly screamed. I flinched at that, my hands started shaking. "I'm s-sorry Won please-'' He snatched those pictures from my hand and put them under the table cloth once again.

I put my head down, I was genuinely feeling guilty, of course he's mad, I just invaded his privacy. I was scared to look at Jungwon, who stood frozen in front of the table. I felt whatever we built, crumpling. I wanted to speak but my throat went dry.