✿TWENTY ONE✿

Previously: "JONGSEONG?"

One day before the meeting

Jay's POV:
I was so nervous. I didn't wanna face him, but Jake was right, if we don't clear up this misunderstanding, we'd never be able to go back to having a normal relationship. "Jay....love don't worry please..." He clutched my hand tightly and kissed it. "I don't know Jake, I don't know..." He cradled my face in his hands and pecked my lips. "Don't worry Jay-ah, you'll be fine....you'll go and wait on the rooftop of the café, I'll bring Jungwon after his schedule gets over. Whatever happens, I'll be there, just know this." He hugged me and I hugged him back.

He kissed my forehead one last time before leaving. He came to meet me in the hospital today, to inform me about his plan. At first I didn't agree but eventually, I gave in.
"Jay, tomorrow is gonna be a long day." I thought to myself.

✿✿✿✿✿

The day of the meeting

Jay's POV:
"Jongseong!?" I heard Jungwon say, his voice laced with surprise and agony. I flinched slightly, all the unpleasant memories coming back to me, but I tried to calm myself down. He looked visibly enraged, his hands curled up in fists so tight that his knuckles were almost white, face growing darker as time went by. I gulped down. " Yes, Jungwon." He looked straight at me, eyes stern and jaw clenched. "The hell do you want? And how did you know I would be here? Do you not understand that I DON'T WANT TO DO ANYTHING WITH YOU!" He spat harshly on my face, I tried to contain my anger but it was threatening to spill. No Jongseong, control, you have to explain and clear things out. "I know Jungwon, but I think it's high time that we clear out the misunderstandings we have." I said with a certain amount of sternness. He spoke, but this time a lot more composed. "But I don't. You already tried to ruin everything I built previously, so no way I'm letting you do that again. I hope we never see each other again." He was about to leave and I almost thought I lost the chance but then something happened.

Jake held his wrist. "We're not done yet, Jungwon-ssi." He had a look of disbelief on his face, looking at Jaeyun with his eyebrows scrunched. "Jake Hyung, I think this matter doesn't concern you so please-" "It does Jungwon, I'm the one who brought him here." He was genuinely flabbergasted, his mouth slightly agape. "I know it's all very confusing, but sit down first." "No, I'll leave, I just can't be here-" "I say sit down Yang Jungwon- nim." Jaeyun raised his voice a bit and I honestly shivered, his voice was really deep and it was scary, not gonna lie. But it worked magic, Jungwon sat there. "It's only because you're saying Hyung." He sat down and Jake followed, signalling me to begin.

"Jungwon, I wasn't the one who stopped you from debuting." He looked at me, with a mocking smile, as if he knew I would say this. "Every criminal doesn't confess their crime now, do they? Stop trying Jongseong." "I'm not lying, Won." "And do you have any proof?!" "Listen to me, please Jungwon. I NEVER wanted to end your career! It was d-" I stopped. Is it okay to say this? I don't know. "Who was it, Jongseong? Don't just stay quiet, say it!" "Say it Jay, please'' Jake told me too, encouraging me to reveal the real one behind this.

I took a deep breath, preparing myself. "It was...it was dad." I ended it in a breathy whisper. I looked up, to see him looking at me in disbelief. "Dad? Dad did it? No way...haha...no way Jongseong, you're lying, I know dad didn't approve of my career choice but he won't stoop this low!! You're lying." I gritted my teeth, frustration building up inside me. "I'm not lying, Yang Jungwon." "What proof do you have? Show!"

"Here." Suddenly Jake pushed his phone towards Jungwon. "Take a look, Jungwon-ssi. I hope this will answer all your questions." I was taken aback. Jake didn't lie when he said he'll not let any misunderstandings stay. He squeezed my hand tightly. I could feel nervousness bubbling inside me, but he made it a lot better. I removed my gaze from him, back to Jungwon, whose eyes were fixed upon the phone screen.