Forty-Four

In a Los Angeles hotel room, Magenta gets ready for the first day of trial

In a Los Angeles hotel room, Magenta gets ready for the first day of trial. She looks at all the bouquets that people sent to wish her good luck and show support. She finishes her makeup that the prosecutor advised for her to keep simple.

Everything she's wearing and saying on the stand has been carefully crafted. Like she was told, Gen wears a white button-up and pinstripe dress pants with Mach & Mach Bow Silk Satin Pumps. They want her as demure and minimalistic as possible.

Looking at herself in the mirror everything's intact on the outside. Not so much on the inside, but she's going to act like it is. With a suicide attempt taking place less than a week ago she has to present herself as whole.

Grabbing the glass evil eye she got at that random café she sighs to herself. Gen rubs her thumb over the smooth surface closing her eyes. "Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you," she whispers sliding it into the pocket of her trousers.

There's a knock at the hotel door and she assumes it's Gee. He went to get breakfast and maybe he left his room key. Going over to it she looks in the peephole and opens it. Behind it is Pandora.

She lets her in while asking, "What're you doing here?"

"What do you mean? Just because we've been taking space doesn't mean I wouldn't come for trial."

"True... Thanks." She nods as Pandora sits on the couch. It's clearly awkward. They know they need to have an in depth conversation about their friendship, but they both decided now isn't the time.