Chapter 25(Past-5)

You opened the group chat of his gang and wrote that he will be in his room and no one should disturb him till tomorrow and to go their home. The gang as their dumb gang leader agreed to it. You waited for a couple of minutes and then you didn't hear any movement you walked out and looked around and didn't find anyone. You immediately called James as you remembered his number. After 2-3 ringing the bell, he picked it.
James: Hello?? Who is this?
YN: Uncle James?
James: Huh? Yn?? Yn!!!! Where are you and why I am not able to contact you?
YN: Uncle James I will tell you everything, but can you track me and come here immediately. And do you know a gang name called XXXX?
James: Yes. They are one of the wanted people on the list. But why are you asking about them?
YN: If you want to catch them better track me down and come here when I say ok?
James: Wait. Wai-.
You cut the call and again messaged the gang members to come back immediately. They again agreed to it.
You then messaged James to come quickly.
After some time you saw the gang members coming back and rushing inside. You immediately messaged and asked them to stay in the hall. You waited for James to get his team here. And soon they reached there and fought with the gang members and caught them. James started searching for you when he saw you standing near a pillar. He came to you and asked how you were but you couldn't hold your feelings and started crying. James knew something bad has happened he huge you and took you to his car. You calmed down a bit and told him everything. He was quiet after hearing you. You thought he was disgusted by you so you said.
YN: You can leave me here. I know I am disgusting and you don't have to take a burden like me-
You were cut off by James suddenly stopping the car.
James: Shut up!!! YN are you out of your mind or do you know what are you blabbering. You can never be my burden instead from today you will be my younger sister.
YN: Are you sure. But I will say it when you want you can leave m-
James: YN!! I am 100 percent sure. And I will never leave you. And now say to me what do you want to eat?
YN: Ummm..(Your favorite dish).
James: Hmmm ok now LET'S GOOOOO!!!
Saying this he started driving and cracking jokes. You started forgetting the dark thoughts.
In the James house.
He prepared the dishes and started eating along with you when you can't a thought.
YN: Hyung. Can I ask you something?
James: Go on.
YN: Can I join and train for being a mafia from now.
James was drinking water which he spat out due to the shocking question. He started coughing very hard. You poured a cup of water and gave him to drink.
YN: Are you ok Hyung?
James: I am alright. But are you sure? Like you want to join this early?
YN: I am sure and I want to be capable enough to take over dad's gang.
James: Hmmm.... I also think it is better to train you from now itself. Ok, I will personally train you.
YN: Really!!!??? I love you hyung. Saying you excitedly ran and hugged James. He just laughed at your excitement and cuteness. From the next day onwards you started training in all the fields such as fighting with and without weapons. Practicing with all kinds of weapons. Hacking and coding. Everything that an all-rounder mafia needs to be best at.
Time skip 3 years
Now you are 15 and ready to take over everything that your dad had left for you. You and James are now very close just like brother-sisters who are protective towards each other. James had introduced you to his colleagues who welcomed you with warm hearts.
Today you were going to his office to give him his lunch. You soon reached his office and got in.
Colleague1: Hey Yn what brings you here?
YN: Oh I came here to give James his lunch.
Colleague1: Oh then you have to wait for some time as he has gone to arrest some criminals.
YN: Oh ok. I can wait.
While you both were talking a call was interpreted. The officer picked up the call but the news was so shocking that he didn't have any words.
Colleague1: Ok thank you.
YN: What happened hyung?
Colleague1: Dear... I think you should come with me.
YN: Where?
Colleague1: Hospital.
Yn: Hospital??
You both reached the hospital getting shocking news that you never imagined.
James was shot and stabbed by the criminals and died. The news was like a shock to you. Your only family who took care of you as his own was no more. You ran to his room seeing him covered in a white sheet. You walked to him with tears in your eyes.
Yn: You promised you will never leave me alone. Then why aren't you waking up. Come on I am hungry wake-up!!!! You told me you will train me. I still have many things to learn. You are my tutor, you can't leave me in the middle of my learning. We still have missions to do together. Come on WAKE UP!!!
The officer was trying to calm you down but you were not in a condition to listen to him. He somehow took you to James's house and told you he will do the formalities for James's death.
You cried the whole afternoon. In the evening you got a call.
YN: Hel-hello who is this?
???: Hello. Am I talking to Ms.Yn? I am lawyer Choi.
Yn: Yes how may I help you?
Mr. Choi: I am calling to say that you are now eligible to inherit your dad's and Mr. James' properties and collateral that they left for you.
YN: James?? Are you sure not mistaken that I am his properties inherent?
Mr. Choi: Umm... Yes, I am sure. You are the beneficiary in both their wills.
YN: But doesn't James have his own family?
Mr. Choi: He was an orphan so most probably his properties were going I the orphanage he grew up but then he wrote all his properties and money in your name and the age you were allowed to inherit all these in the documents is 15. Could you come to the office and do the required?
You wiped your tears and said you will be there by 5 in the evening. You ended the call and called James' colleague.
Colleague1: Yn what happened?
YN: Was James an orphan?
Colleague1: Umm.., Yes he was.
YN: Didn't he have any family?
Colleague1: He had, but lost them.
YN: What are you going to do now?
Colleague1: I was going to start the preparation for his funeral.
YN: I will take care of it.
Colleague1: Are you sure you will take care of it?
Yn: Yes. Can you send me the details of this mission and the criminals?
Colleague1: Why do you want that?
YN: To deal with some debts.
Colleague1: Huh? Debts? I didn't understand but only because of James I am giving you this confidential information. Try not to lose it. Ok?
YN: Hmm.
You cut the call and looked at the mirror. Then you spotted a paper sticking out from the corner of the mirror. You went closer and checked it. It was a letter from James.
Dear Yn,
I am so proud of you for who you are today. I might not be able to come back home after this mission so I am writing this letter. I know you will find this with your eagle-like eyes. I know you might have also discovered that I am an orphan but I was not anymore since I got a sister like you. You are the best. But I want you to move on and lead a normal life in the daylight but at night do what is good for the people. Never point your gun at an innocent with bad motives. ok? You should stay strong not only for me but for your dad and his promise. I know it will be hard but please, for me... Move on.
You should also go back to the orphanage to get adopted by a new family. But be careful, check their background, and then choose. I wish I could see you grow but unfortunately, I won't be able to. But remember I will always love you and stay beside you at every step you take.
Your brother,
James.
You couldn't control your tears anymore and broke down again. After an hour you got up with fire for revenge. You got yourself fresh up and were about to leave when you got a message from James' colleague. I was the information. You smirked and called one of your most trustworthy gang members to find him and keep him in the basement. You then walked to prepare for the funeral.
Time skip
You did not shed even a single tear when the officers were giving speeches about how great of an officer he was. He was one of the youngest officers. After all the procedures of the funeral, you went back home and changed into your mafia dress. You reached your base and saw the criminals tied up. You asked your men to wake them. Soon they were showered in cold water.
Criminal: Yeah where are we and why did you bring us here?
You sat at the chair kept in front.
YN: Welcome to your hell. As soon as you said that the only things that could be heard from out of the room were screams and cries. You were torturing them without any mercy. Your men who were standing in the room were shocked by your way of torturing. They had cold sweat on their forehead whenever the man would scream the most. After hours of torturing, you took out your gun and shoot two of the criminals leaving one to be taken care of by the law. You signed them to do the things and left like that and walked on the road. It was around midnight so no one was on the road except a few cars.
You went and sat at the bench at the bus stop when a woman around 21 came and sat there. Probably waiting for the bus. As it was dark she couldn't see you sitting in the corner. A couple of minutes later few drunkards came there and started harassing the woman. You looked at them and said in a cold voice which scared them a bit.
YN: You better take those shitty hands off of her.
Drunk1: Who are you to say what we want to do?
YN: Your nightmare.
Saying you took your gun and hit them with the back of it as you didn't want to scare the woman. Soon her bus came but she was hesitant to leave you alone there.
Yn: Just go I will take care of things here. She left as soon as you said it. As soon as she left those drunkards were already dead on the road with bullets pierced in the middle of their heads.
But she didn't know that someone was watching you.
The next day you got a call from an orphanage saying that your guardian is going to pick me up today.
YN: Guardian?? Are you not mistaken?
Lady: Yes I am sure I am calling the right person. And you Guardian is Mr. Kim-
YN: Then tell them I don't want to get adopted.
Lady: I am sorry but they have already done all the formalities. We can't do anything about that.
You ended the call thinking who would want to adopt you until it is for their own need. As you were thinking the doorbell rung. You opened to meet a man in his 30s standing out smiling at you. You asked in your cold voice.
Yn: Why are you adopting me?