So the Awkwardness Begins

(Back to Jayce's POV)

Evie and I finished one episode of Tom and Jerry before making some popcorn and grabbing random snacks from the cupboard. We went back to the couch and resumed the show, watching two more episodes, and just as another was about to start Evie turned the tv off. Popcorn flew everywhere as I lifted my hands in annoyance.

"Evie," I whined. "Turn the tv back on, I was enjoy that."

"The day isn't over yet so I still get to decide what we do," Evie replied with a smug look on her face.

I looked at the time and noticed that it was only 9:05pm so I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at Evie, which she dodged. She got up and grabbed my keys off of the kitchen counter before proceeding to walk out the front door. I grumbled as I stood up and followed her out. Evie threw me the keys and I locked the front door to the house and unlocked my car so she could get in.

Once we were both inside I turned the engine on and asked, "where to, Princess?"

•••
Evie wanted donuts and the only place in town that stayed open this late and sold donuts, aside from the convince store which had nasty donuts, was a coffee shop named Biscuits and Books. The whole inside of the shop could be seen from the outside through the glass windows and the glass door. Along the windows were dark green upholstered booths with light brown wooded tables. Towards the back of the shop there was a cash register and coffee machines, along with an array of delicious delectables to go with the warm coffee. Next to the counter were two more booths and then a book shelf, lined with books of different thicknesses and sizes, which was tucked in the corner.

When we reached the door Evie bolted inside and straight to the display of donuts. I followed after her, taking in my surroundings, when I spotted Aydrian. Evie was impatiently tapping her foot and when I didn't walk over to her she said my name loudly which caused Aydrian to look up. My eyes met hers and I looked away.

"Jayce, hurry up. I'm hungry," Evie whined.

I walked up to the counter and quickly paid for the donut before proceeding to push Evie out of the shop.

"No, I want to eat here," she said.

"Evie. Let's just go home," I replied, trying not to draw attention to my uncomfortable situation.

I gave Evie puppy dog eyes and she sighed in defeat as we walked out of the coffee shop. We were walking down the street to where I parked when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and was met with Aydrian's forest green eyes.

"Hey Jayce," she said as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hey," I breathed out. What is she doing to me?

My hands were sweaty and my heart beat only quickened. Aydrian looked gorgeous. She was wearing the same outfit I'd seen her in earlier today except now her hair wasn't in braids and instead fell in curly waves over her shoulders. The only light around us was that of the moon and the stars which gave her skin a slight glow. Evie must have realized I stopped following her because she ran back to where I was standing.

"Jayce? Oh, hey," she said, noticing that Aydrian was here.

"Hey," Aydrian responded.

I didn't say anything and I regretted doing so because Evie spoke and the words that left her lips made me want to crawl into a hole and stay there.

"Aydrian, it's actually great that we bumped into you because Jayce here, wanted to invite you over to our place to watch some movies with us."

                                        •••
I couldn't deny what Evie said or that would be rude, so I was forced to go along with it. Aydrian had accepted the offer and I'd driven all of us back to the house. When we arrived, Evie grabbed Aydrian's hand and pulled her through the front door and up the stairs to her bedroom.

"I'm ordering pizza. What do you guys want?" I yelled up.

"A supreme pizza please!" They yelled back in unison.

I placed the order and waited downstairs until it arrived. Once it did I walked upstairs to get Aydrian and Evie to tell them that dinner had arrived. When I opened the door Evie was wearing a pink sparkly princess dress with a gold tiara and Aydrian had on a sequins scarf and a silver tiara and she was holding a wand with multicolored streamers and a star at the end in her left hand.

"Jayce, play dress up with us?" Evie asked with a demanding tone.

I laughed. "No thanks. Pizza is here and I'm starving."

Aydrian rolled her eyes in a playful way and whispered to Evie, loud enough so I could hear, "what a party pooper."

Evie snickered and I couldn't let Aydrian win this round.

"You know, the pizza is a little hot. I can play dress up for a bit while it cools down," I suggested.

Evie smiled and ran over to a box in her closet that was full of dress up clothes. I glanced at Aydrian who was smirking at me, almost as if she knew I'd fall victim to her words. There was humming coming from the closet and I looked back to see that Evie was still rummaging through her box. Aydrian was now turned around, her back facing me, looking down at her phone so I took advantage of the moment by swiftly making my way to her and grabbing her hips. She inhaled a sharp breath and held it.

"I will get get you back for this beautiful," I whispered into her ear, letting my hot breath caress her neck.

I remained like that for a while longer before retreating back to where I was originally standing and leaving Aydrian to let out the breath she had been holding. Evie got back up, oblivious to what went on mere moments before, and handed me a kings crown.

"This is all I have that will really work for you," she said.

"It's perfect," I replied as I placed the crown lopsidedly on my head.

Evie created a whole fantasy land that consisted of her bed being the castle and her closet being the dragons lair. I was the King and coincidentally Evie made Aydrian the Queen and she decided that she would play the knight and slay the dragon. Roughly half an hour had gone by and my stomach was rumbling.

"Evie, as much as I'd love to keep playing, I think I might die if I don't eat something," I told her.

"Fine," she replied, drawing out the word to give it dramatic effect.

I took the crown off and handed it to Evie before booking it downstairs and to the pizza box. As soon as I opened the box, the delicious scent of the pizza filled my nose and I reached for the biggest piece. If Evie and Aydrian hadn't come downstairs when they did, shortly after I finished my first piece, I would've ate the whole pizza. I had another slice and then decided to sit on the couch and search for a movie.

"What do you want to watch Evie?" I asked.

"I want to watch," she paused and tapped her chin as she sat down beside me. "She's The Man."

"She's The Man it is then," I replied as Aydrian sat down beside me and I clicked play on the movie.

And so the awkwardness begins.