Eleven

Maya knew how everything at home was a mess. How she didn't know what to think. She was scared.

Maya waked into the kitchen and looked to see Tom and sighed. "Look, I know that you are mad at me. I know I lied to you. I am sorry. I guess I was trying to protect you. But I went about it the wrong way. And I'm sorry. I just want us to go back to how we were," he said.

Maya looked to him. She sighed. "We can't. Things are different. In time I will find a way to forgive you. You are my dad. I love you. But knowing that Izzie is my mum, we can't go back to how it was. We can only move forward. That's okay. I just need time to process it all."

Tom looked to her and nodded. "I get that. Look why don't we all go out for dinner tonight? To try and find a way to move forward. My treat of course," he told her.

Maya looked to him and smiled. She knew that he was trying. And for that, she was grateful. "Sure," she said as Tom looked to her and smiled.

Maya knew that things were hard at the moment.

****

Maya got to school and sat in common room as Addie walked in. Maya looked to her sister and smiled. "How are you dealing with it all?" Maya asked

Addie smiled and shrugged. "I was going to ask you the same. I mean, it's hard. I know. But I just don't know what to think. You are okay though aren't you?" Addie asked as Maya smiled.

Maya knew that her whole life had been turned upside down.  "Okay? I don't know. But I think I will be," she told her.

Addie looked to her. "I know it's hard. But you are not alone. You are never alone. I am your sister. I am here for you. And we will get through this. We will get through this together. We always do," Addie said as Maya looked to her and smiled.

She was grateful for her. And that she was there. She didn't know how the hell that she would cope if she didn't have Addie to help her through all of it. Maya knew just how it was all a mess.

"It will be okay. I know it's just going to take some time. That's all," Maya said as Addie looked to her and nodded. They knew it wasn't going to be easy.

****

Maya stood in the corridor. She saw Max and groaned. "We need to talk about what you did to my car."

Maya looked to him and glared. "You need to back the hell off. There's more important things going on then your pathetic car. You're pathetic," she spat as she walked off.

Max looked after her and glared. He know he was going to make her pay for crossing him. But little did he know just who he was messing with when it came to Maya Clarkson.