Four

Maya had finally settled with her dad and Izzie. She had been given her own bedroom which was originally the attic but Tom and Izzie had turned it into a bedroom.

Maya woke that morning and sighed. She knew she needed to tell her dad about what had been going on but she couldn't. She didn't want to see the look of disappointment on his face. He would hate her and she couldn't handle that.

Maya went downstairs and woke up Addison. "Wake up. I need company," she said.

"What's up?"

Maya smiled. "We got school today. Don't want to go so fancy bunking off?" She asked her sister.

Addison rolled her eyes. "We can't. Dad will come looking for us."

"He can look but he won't find us," she told her.

***
Tom and Izzie took the girls into school. Maya smiled to herself. She looked at Addison. "When they've gone inside, we'll leave."

Addison nodded. She knew they would get into trouble but she wanted to bond with Maya. The two had hardly spent any time together.

***
Maya and Addison sat in the park. Maya had gotten them some food and drink. "What was it like? Not growing up with dad?" Addison asked.

Maya sighed. "It wasn't great. My mum was amazing up until she moved her new bloke in. He wasn't great and he didn't like me. I don't know why. But... things happened at home and I couldn't stay there anymore."

Addison nodded. "I'm sorry. You deserve to have dad in your life. You deserve the best in life. You're amazing and you're beautiful."

"Thanks."

***
Tom was fuming. He couldn't believe his two daughters had skipped school. Izzie however knew Maya wasn't herself. She wanted attention. She had managed to convince Tom to not kick off at them.

Tom was going to get in his car and drive around for them. Izzie was staying at the school. Tom sighed. He knew he should have been a better father to Maya. She needed him and he wasn't available. He felt like a bad father for that.

***
Maya and Addison walked to McDonalds. Maya looked at Addison. "If I tell you a secret, you cannot tell anyone and I mean anyone."

"I won't," Addison said as she paid for her food. She looked at Maya. "Well?"

Maya took a deep breath. "A year ago, I had a baby. My mum didn't know. I managed to give it away."

Addison was shocked. She looked at her sister. "Maya. I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. It was for the best. I couldn't keep her. Not in that toxic environment. I don't know even know if she's alive. I abandoned her in a park. She was screaming and crying and I couldn't do anything about it," Maya said. The tears rolled down her cheeks.

Neither of the girls knew that Tom was behind them. "Maya."

The two of them turned to Tom. Tom was crying. His daughter was more broken than he thought.