Thirteen

Maya lay in bed and sighed. She knew how life was getting hard.  She didn't know what to think over it all. Maya knew what she did to Max's car. How he would know it was her.

Maya knew how hard her life was. She knew she was finding it hard to adjust to the fact that Izzie was her mum. She knew how her life was going to change.

Maya stood from the bed. She smiled as Addie walked into the room and looked to her. She smiled.  "Are you okay?" Addie asked.

Maya looked to her and smiled.  "I'm fine. It's just that things are hard. I don't know how to deal with it. I mean it's hard to get my head around the fact my dad lied to me for all my life," she said. 

Addie looked to her and nodded. "I know it's hard. I do. But you will be okay. You're strong. And we can still be a family. I was lied to about my dad. And I learned to accept it and do can you," she said.

Maya turned to look at her and smiled. Maya knew Addie was right. She knew how she didn't already know how Tom was her dad. And how Addie had accepted it.

Maya knew that it wasn't easy. She knew how she had to try and accept it. But she knew it wasn't easy. It had turned her life upside down. And it wasn't something she'd be able to accept so easy.

****

Maya got to school and stood in the hallway. She saw Max and smirked to herself. She could see how pissed that he was.

He walked over to her and grabbed her arm. "I have had enough of the games," he said as she looked to him.

She rolled her eyes as she pulled away from him. "I have no idea what you mean," she said as he lead her into an empty classroom.

He glared to her. "You are nothing but a spoilt brat. You have learned that your mummy is someone else. And you're acting out. And I know that you damaged my car. I am going to make you pay," he told her.

Maya rolled her eyes. "You don't scare me. Besides you have no proof it was me," she said.

Max looked to her and glared. "Oh but I will," he said.

Maya turned and went to walk off. She turned back to him. "Try it," she said.

****

Maya sat in the common room. She looked to see Izzie as she walked in.

She looked to see Maya and smiled. "I know that I am the last person you want to see. But I am here. And I want us to try and have a relationship," Izzie said as she looked to Maya and smiled. 

Maya looked to her and sighed. Her head was a mess and she didn't know what to think

"Maybe. It's just so hard at the minute," Maya said as Izzie nodded.

But could Maya find a way to let Izzie become her mum or would it all be too much?