Seven

Maya couldn't believe that she had kissed Max. He was her executive head and she had kissed him. She knew that she needed to forget about it as it couldn't happen. Nothing could happen.

She knew that because of the drama with her family that it was the last thing she needed. She knew he was just after getting her into bed and she wasn't going to let that happen.

Maya walked into the kitchen and smiled as she saw Addie. She hasn't seen Addie since she had told Tom and Izzie about how Addie had buried a baby.

Maya looked at her. "Are you okay? I'm sorry I told them about the baby. They had a right to know," she said.

Addie looked to her and smiled. "I know. Don't worry. It's not your fault. Trust me. Besides it's better that they knew. Although they seem to be treating me as though I'm made of glass at the moment which is driving me crazy," she said.

Maya smiled slightly and nodded. "It's going to be okay. They're just trying to be there for you. Even if it seems as if they aren't."

Addie looked at her and smiled. Maya knew that Addie was struggling with everything and all she wanted was to be there for her sister.

****

Maya got to school. She stood in the corridor as Tom walked over to her. He smiled and looked at her. "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you lately. Your sister is going through some stuff," he said.

Maya looked at him and smiled. She shrugged. "It's okay dad. I'm okay. It's Addie who needs you. Not me," Maya said.

Tom looked at her for a moment and nodded. He felt bad that he hadn't been there for Maya as much as Addie. But Addie was going through a lot and needed the support.

****

Maya groaned to herself as she walked to Max's office. She had been called there by him. She was annoyed. She walked in and crossed her arms over her chest. "You wanted to see me Mr Stuck Up his own arse?" She asked.

Max frowned and looked at her. "Excuse me?"

Maya looked away from him and rolled her eyes. "You heard me. You're so arrogant and posh. You don't care. No one cares about me. So why don't you leave me alone," she spat. She was trying to forget the fact she had kissed him.

"Why would I when we have so much to talk about," he said as he stood up and walked over to her.

Maya held her breath as he placed a hand on her cheek and leant in to kiss her. Maya kissed him back for a moment and pushed him away and glared. "No. I am not the girl who sleeps with her executive head. So you can think again," she said as she stormed out.

She sighed to herself. She didn't know how much longer that she could resist Max Tyler for.