Something's not as it seems...

It was getting late, and Peter still hadn't heard from May after she promised to pick him up at exactly 10, as Peter decided to do overtime to help Mr Stark with a project they had both been working on together. She usually didn't take that long and was known for being very punctual, something just seemed off. Just like that, his phone rang. There's only 2 people who ring me, MJ and Ned, and surely by now they were asleep right? Right. Peter took a deep breath, before picking up my phone to determine who it was. Unknown number? He shrugged and continued to answer it.

"Hello, is this Peter Parker?"

Confused to how they knew his name, he continued to respond with hesitation "Yes, yes it is? Is there something I should know? How do you know my number?" he said with confusion. Peter wasn't good with phone calls, they were out of his comfort zone but yet, he continued to respond, unaware of what was going to happen next. 

"I am afraid we have some bad news..." they paused, it was at this moment that you could even hear a pin drop it was that quiet in the room, this didn't seem good, and Tony sensed it, but tried not to show it, he had his fair amount of phone calls like this one, being the worlds most famous superhero and all. "Your Aunt May...She was found and identified today at a murder scene at 10:30 and unfortunately, it was determined she was the victim". Silence overpowered the room, no one knew what to say or do. 

"no, No, NO! It can't be her, she, she promised to come and pick me up from my internship, she goes the same route every time and has never had an issue!" Peter shouted, it was at this point, his hands started to shake once again, his palms became sweaty, his breathing became elevated, "I am afraid so, her wallet was found at the scene, and it seems you were on the list for emergency contact, is this correct?" they paused once again, Peter not being able to take in anything else at this point as he shuddered in shock.  

Tony quickly grabbed the phone, not just for Peter's sake, but for his own too, his tone quickly changed "Hi there, this is Tony, and yes, yes he is May's first point of contact, he doesn't have anyone else, what do you expect from this kid now? He's only 16, you can't just expect him to just survive on his own!". There was clearly tension in the room at this point, Tony had no idea what to do next, but one thing was for sure, he needed to comfort the kid. "I'll come down to the station soon enough, but for now, we are DONE with this phone call" he stated before aggressively hanging up, sprinting towards Peter to focus on him. This wasn't good. 

(WORD COUNT 3108)