She Knows...she knows...

It was getting late, and by this point, both Ned and MJ were starting to become stressed out and were feeling uneasy, usually during the evenings, the trio would sit down with one of Tony's massive TV's watching something, usually some new Star Wars series that was out, otherwise they wouldn't hear the end of it from Ned. MJ looked around, the whole avengers campus seemed eerie, and in all the wrong ways too. No one seemed to be around, and if they were, they were all strangely quiet. It was at this point she felt she couldn't sit around for much longer, Ned nodded, although they didn't speak, they both knew they were thinking the same thing. Just as they got towards the doors Natasha and Clint stopped them. Both seemed off, at least that's what the two of them thought, after all, they had both been hanging around with the Avengers for quite some time now, and they could just pick things up much more quickly than what the others thought. 

Clint sighed before standing towards them both "I can't let you do that kiddo" he stated in a calm manner, attempting to try and ease the tension that was being created. Ned turned his back, he didn't feel like picking an argument, but MJ on the other hand? Well she had something else to say..."Enough Clint, somethings up, and we both know it too!" MJ shouted, it was at this point tears started streaming from her eyes, a rare thing for her, she hardly ever expressed her emotions, but she had reached her breaking point, with no one saying anything, she just had to take action, even if it was in front of the people she looked up to, the people Ned looked up to, those she admired. 

In anger, she started to punch the walls behind her, each bang, each crash, felt more noisy than the next. MJ wasn't thinking about her actions at this point, she was filled with rage and frustration. In her eyes, she felt like they were dismissing the way in which both Ned and MJ felt, it was clear she was struggling, in more way than one. Natasha and Clint didn't have time to think before they had to take action, gently, Natasha moved MJ to one side, taking a few breaths after seing the state that was MJ's hands, clearly swollen, and irritated, blood dripping slowly down her knuckles. Natasha moved towards her in a calm manner, encouraging her to sit down on the sofa, even if it was just for a moment or two. 

"Friday, any updates?" she said, trying to stay positive as she started to treat MJ's hands, although she wasn't a medic like Bruce, she still learnt her skills from over the years. "Not yet, but I will give you an alert as soon as I hear anything" F.R.I.D.A.Y. stated. MJ flinched a bit as Natasha applied the rubbing alcohol to the wound, she felt like she needed to go and explore for herself at this point, but was starting to realise that Peter wouldn't want to see her like this. It wasn't long before Natasha was done with MJ's hands, she rubbed them slowly in an attempt to calm MJ down before speaking in her nurturing voice, though she wasn't too good at showing her sweet side, she had a soft spot for MJ, for the others too, but she felt like MJ was her younger sister, just like Yelena, only with a little more sass (and that was hard to match!). 

It was at this point that Clint was off dealing with Ned, he was now clearly becoming upset too by the idea of now both of his friends struggling and feeling like he couldn't do anything to help. Clint had kids himself, so he decided to try the different tactics that worked for his kids first, "Come on Ned, let's put some Star Wars on eh? We've got some good lego sets down here ironically from when my kids come down here, wan't to try one of those? I am sure MJ will come soon too" Clint smiled, putting his arm around Ned in an attempt to show him that he was there as support, not just as Clint, but as a dad also. 

Ned smiled a little, it felt nice to have that support, even if he was still feeling a little tense worrying about the others. But before he knew it, MJ was back sat on the sofa by his side. "Oh MJ, I was so worried about you!" Ned said before giving her the biggest hug possible. Although the distractions were in place for the both of them, they both still felt the same way, not sure of what was coming next, but also trying to find joy in what they were doing for them both, for Peter. They couldn't help but keep checking their watches, but they knew Clint & Natasha were by their side, to be there throughout, to be their family. 

Natasha & Clint went to the kitchen to grab some good quality snacks for the film, even if Ned & MJ didn't eat much and just picked at it, at least the two of them had the piece of mind that the two of them had at least eaten. Clint whispered quietly into Natasha's ear "Ever seen that with MJ before?" Natasha shrugged, "New to me" she said, trying not to show worry on her face. They both fought to grab the best potato chips, and of course popcorn too, MJ & Ned both giggling quietly over the two of them, it was like they were just two grown up kids, but they always found a way to have fun. Just after the film started, Nat & Clint both placed the bowls down on the big brown table, covered in coffee stains from Stark's antics. 

"He's woken up"

That's all the two heard. 

That's all anyone heard.

(WORD COUNT 14,981)