There's a time for healing, and a time for rest

It wasn't long before Tony & Steve got back to the Avengers campus, Tony practically breaking down the door, and Steve following behind, now carrying both MJ & Ned together, both just as exhausted as what Peter probably felt like. Within seconds they both sprinted towards the med bay, trying to avoid any and all contact with the other avengers to attempt not to make anyone else concerned, after all, not many knew that Tony was looking after Peter now, and he certainly didn't want a crowd at this moment, it was just too much to cope with.

Bruce was already in the med bay, after all when he wasn't in the lab with Tony, he was busy trying to create new cures and helpful prototypes to help with the missions the avengers went on, especially since their missions most of the time were dangerous in some type of way, whether that be them fighting the whole of the Chitauri army, to something as simple as stopping traffic to help an elderly lady cross the street, the main aim was to make sure they kept busy as the majority of them got bored so quickly. When Bruce saw the two avengers sprint in, he knew it was serious, and he quickly realized it was the kid, but who were the other two he thought? 

Without hesitation, MJ, Ned and Peter were all put on beds, since Peter got the worst of it, he had to have a couple of lines attached to him, just to encourage the healing process, but after what happened last time, Bruce knew he was bound to heal much quicker than the other two. Bruce was quickly giving out commands to both Tony and Steve, he knew he couldn't do this alone, and he knew everything was at stake, seing Peter injured was hard enough, let alone what seemed to be his friends too. By this time, the majority of blood seemed to dry up, but bandages were put on just to make sure the kids healed properly, after all, Bruce knew he had to be extra careful, one slip up could cause a minor injury to become major, and he just wasn't ready to take that risk, not now, not ever. 

At last, all three of them were covered up, it was clear that whoever did this was sick in the head, at least that's what Tony thought, and I am sure although Steve kept a lot of comments to himself, if he was able to speak up, he would, but he was for once, just as exhausted as Tony and Bruce was. All that was left to do now was wait. One second felt like a minute, a minute felt like an hour, an hour felt like eternity, each of them took turns on looking after the kids, apart from Bruce, he wouldn't leave Peter's side. He couldn't help but think negatively about himself and this situation and how he just let Peter go back, not realizing the first time around that Peter was clearly struggling with the school environment, and yet he just swept it away, like a piece of dust. But before he could do any more thinking, Peter started to wake up.

Bruce shot up from his seat, dabbing his long sleeved shirt around his eyes to cover the couple of tears he shed whilst overthinking everything, but of course he couldn't let people see his vulnerable side, that just didn't seem right, after all everyone had their own problems and Bruce just didn't want to feel like he was causing a nuisance. Keeping busy was the main thing for him, and his priority right now was to make sure Peter healed up, after catching his breath back, he spoke. 

"Peter! You're awake! I'm so glad" he said, making sure to smile at him to make the environment as positive as possible, after all, the last time Peter was in the med bay, it wasn't exactly in the best of situations. Peter quickly smiled back, he quickly realized where he was, sighing he looked over his shoulder to see his two friends by his side, battered and bruised up just like he was. It didn't take long for him to remember what happened, and just like that he quickly started to panic it was his fault that his friends came with him home, it was his fault that he chose a different route to go home, it was his fault that he couldn't stand up for himself. Gasping for air, he pointed to his friends, still in complete shock at the state they were in "Peter..." Bruce paused, before hugging Peter tightly, although Tony was his guardian, Bruce was like an uncle to him so the two knew each other quite well "They're ok, don't worry, just resting, their injuries shouldn't be long term thanks to you thinking quickly and protecting them both", he smiled once again, not letting go just for now. 

Somehow this brought Bruce as much comfort as it probably did Peter, because slowly, and steadily, Peter started to calm down, just as they were talking, Tony and Steve came back from dinner, both surprised to see Peter much calmer than usual, and the other two slowly waking up. Both of them felt a weight off their shoulders knowing the kids would be ok, but they knew what would come next, the idea of questions made them both shudder, thinking how traumatic of an experience it must have been for them all. 

MJ simply yawned, although shocked to be in an environment she wasn't used to, she didn't seem too nervous knowing her two best friends were close by her side. Ned on the other hand? He was thrilled to be seing Bruce, Tony & Steve in the same room as him, even if it was in a  tougher situation to what he would have wanted it to be, he kept his excitement inside himself for now, but later on? Oh that would be a different story completely.

"You're ok, you're with us now" Tony said to the three of them, on the outside he may have been seen as a tough cookie, but on the inside, he was seen to be a big softie, all he wanted to do was to help people, that's why he wanted to start the Avengers initiative in the first place, and not many people other than Pepper and Steve saw that. They're safe now Steve thought, all of them felt the same emotion, anger, and they knew what the next step was going to be, even if it was going to be hard, even if it would be seen as time consuming, even if they struggled with adapting, they knew, this was the way to go. For now... 

(WORD COUNT 11,182)