danger. Danger. DANGER.

It wasn't long before Peter's lessons flew past, but it was during lunch that something seemed off. He kept getting notifications from his phone, so much so that he ended up silencing his phone as it bothered him to have so many distractions whilst he was attempting to multi-task, doing both his practical in chemistry as well as his own works on his webs, he was always into making them the best they can do, after all, he wanted to stand out, especially if he wanted to win over Mr Stark, sure he gave him that hug, and he looked after him when May, well when he lost someone so close to him, but in his head he couldn't help but feel like he was a burden, he just needed to be the best he could be. 

Before he knew it, it was lunch time, and a good thing it was too, Peter was so hungry, especially as since may passed, he had a habit of skipping lunch, and it had become much more common since he hadn't settled for a proper routine just yet, especially with the chaos that was the Avengers tower. Peter quickly met up with MJ and Ned, giving them both a big hug before heading to the lunch hall to eat. 

"Hey Pete, it's good to see you here again", MJ smiled, Ned nodding before all three of them grabbed their trays. Ned got his usual for a friday morning, hamburger with fries, and MJ got her favourite, a wrap with fries to add that special switch. Peter smiled at the sight of the two getting their usual, but for some strange reason, Peter was repulsed at even the sight of food, he tried to make it not so obvious, so just smiled at the two of them and headed out to find seats. 

Peter looked around, and decided to check his texts whilst he had the free time to. It must have been urgent after all, with the amount of calls he got. As he got the phone out of his denim jeans, his hands sweating at the thought of being something bad. He put in the usual combination, and there it was, several missed calls from an unknown number, and lots of texts. And when he viewed lots of texts, there was over 50 of them, each with different threats. Peter had dealt with being under pressure before, but this felt like something else. Something he never thought he'd have to go through. 

"You're dead, you know that?"

"I know where you live Penis Parker"

"Damn you kid, i'm onto you"

"You did this. You"

Before Peter knew it, his breath started to become heavy again, his hands sweaty, his heart rate once again elevated. He tried not to think about them, but all he thought about was the idea of who this was, the nickname revealed it all to him. But before he could even think of running, there they both were. MJ & Ned, they had arrived before Peter had realised, so they noticed the signs of stress on their best friend, and they felt like, especially after last time's shenanigans, that they had to do something. They placed their trays down, Ned taking a quick bite of his burger before sitting down. 

"What's going on Pete?". God, that word, Pete, Aunt May used to say it all the time, but now she was gone, real gone, and it was his fault, or at least that's what he thought, if he had just got his head in the game, then maybe he could've saved her. Peter didn't say anything, instead, tears started to flow down out of his eyes, like a river slowly flowing.  Without even thinking, the two of them reached in for a hug, they could tell the rest of today was going to be hard, was going to be tough, but they wanted to make sure they were there, they were there to listen. They were there to support their best friend. They were there. Always. 

(WORD COUNT 8878)