And there's your final bell · It's one more dance and then farewell

Ned had the hugest smile on his face, as did MJ but of course she tried to hide it, Peter could see right through it, he was quite observant when it came to people's feelings, it seemed he was happy to see Peter once again. What Peter did to deserve such good friends? He never knew. After what had happened yesterday, he was slightly hesitant to enter the school grounds, his fight or flight response seemed to be lurking, and he wasn't too sure how today would go. However, he knew he had to focus on his friends, so he continued to make eye contact with them both as the entered the double doors into school. One thing he did know was that he had to mentally prepare himself for another roller coaster of a day. Trying to get through the school corridors was like getting through a maze, at least that's how it felt, even if this was a gifted school, there were students everywhere, some short, some tall, some smart, some a little bit dopey, but I liked that about this school, it seemed...Somehow special? 

"We started to worry about you Pete! You didn't respond to any of my top notch memes, and even MJ's texts too, was everything ok?" Ned stated, with a little bit of worry in his face, but he tried not to make it too obvious. "Was it..." Ned nudged Peter's shoulders, he was the only one who knew about Peter's powers, at least that was what he thought, little did he know that Tony & Bruce were on the road to discovery. Peter smirked a little, he always enjoyed Ned teasing him, especially as it was a joke between the two of them.

"It's all good Ned, I think I just dozed off for much longer than I thought I would", embarrassed, Peter put his hands behind his head. The wounds on his arms started to sting as he started to sweat with anxiety consuming his soul, but he just couldn't make it a big deal, not now, not at all. He trusted Ned, but he didn't want to seem like a burden, after all he totally had it covered. Ned smiled, and shook it off, agreeing with what Peter had said, but MJ was a little more hesitant, but she nodded before getting her several books out of her locker ready for the lessons in which she was to cover today.

It wasn't long before the bell rung, it hurt Peter's ears with his special senses being more developed than that of the average teenager, but he'd learnt to get used to it. Today was filled with some of his favourite subjects, so he was ready to take on the day with at least some spark of positivity right? Something felt different about today though Peter thought, and then it came into context, Flash wasn't in. Had the school done something? Was he just skiving? Peter shrugged his shoulders, he didn't care much for the boy anyway, and it seems today he was hoping for peace, at least that's what he thought... 

(WORD COUNT 8204)