10 | Out

Last night was a pure blur. I'm absolutely worn out, to say the least.

But, it's a Wednesday. The week's not over yet.

I'm walking to school now, I still feel weak everywhere.

I walk through the gates and onto campus, taking deep breaths and maintaining my posture.

Kiyo comes earlier than usual. Earlier than me. She runs over to me excitedly.

"Hana!"

"Oh? Good morning Kiyo."

Before Kiyo can continue, Tendo walks over to us accompanied by Wakatoshi.

"Good morning!" He says.

"Good morning, Tendo!" Kiyo says.

Conversation flows like normal. Tests, assignments, more tests. Sports, food, blah.

We all continue walking.

"Kiyomi, the team is all going out tonight for a coffee tonight. Wanna join us?"

"Only if Hana's coming!" She insists.

"I was just about to say that. Both of you should come." Tendo says.

"What do you say, Hana?" She looks over to me, a dazzling star.

"Sure." I can barely spit it out. My mouth feels disgusting. I feel disgusting.

We enter the building.

"If you'll excuse me." I walk away and head towards the bathroom.

"We'll beat you!" She laughs dryly, a faint worry snaps in and out of her face.

I go to a stall and close the toilet seat. I sit down and take a deep breath that isn't so deep after all, not relieving me of anything. 

What is going on with me? I'm overreacting, I'm fine. Why am I feeling weird? My medicine is in another 6 hours.

I brush the feeling off and head out.

I walk out the bathroom but I find someone standing outside waiting. I expect it to be Kiyo but it it's him.

"Wakatoshi?"

He turns towards me at his mention.

"What are you doing here? I thought the boys restroom was down the hall?" I ask, dumbfounded.

I hear Tendō give him a little nudge before leaving with a wink.

"They are. I was just waiting for you."

I remember I can't allow anyone to perceive my exhaustion. My tone changes, positively of course.

"Do you need anything?" I ask plainly.

"I came to inform you about the school play."

"What about it?"

We go up the stairs.

"It is based off a literature play. Mrs. Ito has suggested that I join it for extra credit and I did but I know I can't do it. I've seen you in plays before and I don't want to ask you to join but I was hoping you would be able to help me, I've never acted before. I understand if you don't want to, I rely on you a lot."

"I appreciate your thought of me, Ushijima. Helping you isn't a burden at all. I will gladly help you. I only can when we have our tutoring lessons though."

"That's fine, thank you."

"Don't mention it." I enter my classroom with a sigh.

I don't want to be here.