Chapter 5: Awaiting The Ball

Susan's p.o.v
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Dear diary,
I have had a quite exciting day. Besides the fact that Vilkas wants to marry me.
Oh how that man irks me. He is nothing but a poor excuse of a man, let alone a king. My father's most trusted arms man. I have to admit he is a bit handsome and he is fit to add on, but his personality is what I can't stand.
Boastful, proud, extravagant, a manipulator, and worst of all he is just another one of my father's dogs. All he does is lick my father's boots. My father has set this up just so he can retire the throne to me and prove I can raise a kingdom.
Haven't I already proved it enough? While he is ill stricken who takes care of the kingdom? Who properly assembles the army when we were being invaded? Who makes sure that the kingdom is so up to date that we are the most hi-tech kingdom.
It takes a lot to make sure the guns, peace, and glory are kept into this kingdom. Why doesn't he believe in me?
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I set my blue journal down and lay the pencil next to it. I stand from my desk and fall onto my bed, letting my face burry itself in my pillow. A knocking at my door alarms me as I lay there motionless.

"Princess? Oh princess? We must prepare you for the ball. The decorations are ready and the guests have all been invited. Are you ready for your part in this?" Says the familiar voice. I sit up on my bed and take a deep breath before walking to the large wooden door.

"Yes Caroline I'm ready," I say with a sheepish smile. She nods and takes my hand. I flick of my lights as we exit my room.

We entered the kitchen. As the doors opened my nose was filled with pleasant aromas. The smell of sweets is what grabbed me the most. It felt like I was being lifted off the ground like an old fashioned cartoon.
The chef smiled at me when she seen my face.

"Susan! Hello dear! Have you arrived to select the desert?"she asked

"Yes Amilia I have arrived and I'm quite excited!" I say. She nods and brings a silver cart to me filled with delicious and tempting sweets.

"First this one, we only have two so you can hurry with your day. Your father picked the rest," she says.
I grab a slice of the light blue cake. I use my fork to cut through the soft pastry and a white icing spilled from the middle. I took a bite out of it. My senses were taken over.
The sweetness of the cake laid upon my tongue while the cold ice crystals set the mood in my mouth, all the while the warm icing heated my taste buds.

"This is amazing! I've never tasted something so in tune to our snow ancestors," I say.

"I'm trying to show that we are a strong yet wonderful people. Through food!"she says smiling.
Next she hands me a crepe. With a light blue drizzle on top. Inside the pasty were blue berries, blue berry drizzle, with cinnamon and white icing. With G. odoratum flower siting on top.
I took my fork and cut a slice out of the desert and bit into it. It automatically melted in my mouth as the berries created a summertime feeling and the flower created a vanilla tang. One more thing danced in my mouth.

"This is-" I say taken in awe.

"The rare ice from the crystal falls. Only an ice people can fully tame the taste without freezing up inside. I thought it would be good since the guests are all ice people," she says. I smile and nod.

"These are delectable thank you," I say. She nods and returns to her work. Once again Caroline took my hand and we left the kitchen.
We entered the bathroom and inside I saw a tall, skinny man in a black suit with a red satan tie. He had long brown locks, evenly falling about the same length from his shoulders and with so much volume it bounced at every curl he tugged.

"Susan darling! Come here at once! How is my little princess?" He said.

"Hello Danté," I say. I then walk up to the man giving him a hug before sitting in his salon chair.

"We are going to fix you right up for this ball. Strong but elegant?" He asks.

"Strong but elegant,"I say. He tilts me back over the sink and washes my Snow White hair.
I look at Caroline, checking her planner to make sure everything is up to code. I close my eyes, " Caroline I have a special guest coming and I want her first time here to be extravagant," I say.

Danté scoffs at me," darling you will be the most attention grabbing attraction at the ball," he says. He detangles my hair after washing it and wraps it up in a towel. I hope everything will be perfect.