Chapter 6: Daddy problems.

Hex's p.o.v
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I've never really been to a human ball before. What should I wear? What do I do?" I kept asking myself. I fell to my bed grabbing hold of my pillow and grunting. A knock at my door and the sound of bones creeping into my room.

"Yes Leviticus?" I ask my skeleton friend.

"Hex, are you okay? You seem kind of down," he says. I look up from my pillow to see my bone friend. I sit up and put my head in my hands. I blow a stray strand of hair out of my face.

"Well my undead friend I have something to tell you," I say.

"Did a human try to kill you? Did Sebastian come back? Who has upset you? I promise I will make them regret it," he says clenching his bone fist.

"Well they didn't really upset me. Actually I'm quite happy," I say smiling to him baring my fangs and all.
Then my face returns to sadness. "But sadly I don't know what to do?" Leviticus tilts his skull at my predicament.

"What's the problem Hex?" He asks.

"Well I've been invited to a ball-" he cuts me off.

"My princess a mob ball? Oh my we have to get you prepared!" He says. He grabs my wrist and pulls me off the bed. I stand still as he tries to pull me.

"Princess?" He asks looking at my dropped frown.

"It's a human's ball Levi," I say.
His face has a permanent smile, but I can tell he is angry.

"A what?" He asks.

"A human ball Levi. Now I know you may be angry with me, but-" he cuts me off again.

"So this is how it's gonna be?" He asks.

"Now don't be like that. I won't go if you don't want me to," I say.

"No I want you to go," he says. I'm totally taken by surprise by his response. "Just so you can see how evil human's are in their own habitat," he says.

"Now Levi I don't want you sneaking up on me and scoping like you do. It's a night ball, but I'll be fine okay," I say putting my hand on his shoulder blade.

"One thing though. I'm not letting you go looking like that. We have to represent our kingdom," he says. I smile as he pulls me around the castle left and right.

First the hair. Getting my left side of my hair shaved and the right washed and brushed with the finest things. Every tug and pull and twist and tuck, tug, pull, twist, tuck, tug, pull, twist, and tuck! I got so tired of it and then it finally it stopped. The bliss of finally being able to relax. I exhaled a sigh of relief until, "you're not done yet hex. You still have your dress," says Levi.
"Dress? Levi," I say.

He walks me to my room and closes the door behind me.

"There is a little something in my closet that I had from my human times. I never wore it, but I think you'll love it," he says.

On my bed were three dresses. A navy blue strapless gown that was split up the thigh meant to emphasize the curves. A white dress with a red ribbon across the waist with red silk thread running through the middle with a large bottom, like a wedding dress bottom. Last but not least a red dress that was tight and only went to the thigh. It came with a black linen scarf and lace chest with black see through stockings.

The selection wasn't to my liking. What did he mean by his human times? I walk to my closet and open it to my shock.

A black tuxedo with a white undershirt. It had gold cuff links with a violet satan tie. The stitching was a flawless violet shade and the handkerchief was violet with a gold trim.

"Thank you Levi!" I say to myself. I hurry and remove it from the closet. I put the suit on carefully and walk to my bathroom. I smile as I look in the mirror.

"You look beautiful Hex," says a familiar voice.

"Dad?" I ask. I hear a loud chuckle. In the mirror I see my father's reflection. I sigh as I see him. I straighten my tie ignoring him.

"Aw don't ignore your old man. I heard you're going to a human ball," he says.

"Leave me alone dad!" I yell.

"I want to be involved in my daughter's life," he says. He reaches through the mirror and my eyes glow brighter as I feel his power surge through my body.

"Dad stop it!" I yell. He laughs before sinking back into the mirror. "Dad I want to do this. Don't ruin this for me," I say.

"Just like your mother. Caring so much for the humans and look where that got her. I'm just saying you shouldn't trust humans," he says.

"Maybe mom had the right idea. I rather be dead than be trapped with you," I yell.

"Poor poor Hex, your heart is what gives you weakness. This could all be over if you just accepted me. Let me into this world through your eyes. Accept me," he asks.

"Leave me alone!" I yell. I punch the mirror smashing it into a bunch of sharp and jagged shards.

"Accept me," he whispers before disappearing into a series of loud demonic laughter.

I start to cry as the blood trickles out of my fist. At the sound of broken glass and I Levi bursts into my room, bow drawn and attitude serious. He drops his bow and rushes toward me and holds me.

"Him again?" He asks. I nod.
He grabs me and turns on the sink. He rinses the blood off my knuckles and opens the medicine cabinet to retrieve the first aid kit. He takes a brown liquid and pours it on my hand. I yell as the burning surges through my hand. He then takes some alcohol and dabs it on the most damaged parts using a cotton swab. Lifting my hand he presses a large soft pad on my hand before wrapping it in gauze.

He then takes a rag and dampens it before wiping the tears from my eyes. He looks into my eyes with his empty sockets.

"Levi I don't know what I'd do without you," I say.

"Hush you'd be just fine without me. Now let's get you ready for this ball," he says. His permanent smile makes me sneak a smile. I nod and re-tuck and straighten my tie that came out.
I step out my room and walk to the garage.

"I'm taking my bike Levi!" I say.

"Not without your helmet you aren't!" He yells.

"Yes mom," I say rolling my eyes. I grab my black and purple Tron helmet and slide it on my head.

I sit on my black Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R with purple Tron lights along the wheels and under glow. I switch the lights on my bike and my helmet into the on position. I revved up the bike a few times as I opened the automatic garage door. Levi came in holding a necklace.

"I know you don't like your father, but this will help," he says placing a necklace in my hand.

"What's it for?" I ask.

"It hid his powers," he says, "put it on to hide your glowing eyes." I place the necklace in my undershirt pocket and nod to him.

"Goodbye Levi," I say gently.

"Goodbye Princess," I hear him say softly.

I rev one more time and pull off, popping a wheelie all the way out my driveway. "To the ball," I say to myself.