Chapter 16: A Rose For An Angel

Hex's p.o.v
^(🔥•🔥)^ ^(🔥•🔥)^

I woke up that morning with a splitting headache. I sat up and received a head rush from getting up too fast. I didn't know what to do. I looked at the darkness of my room. All I remember is going to the club with Susan. 'Susan' I thought to myself. This hangover will have to wait. I have to apologize for leaving her at the bar.

I stood from my bed and shuffled to the bathroom holding my head. Looking at myself in the mirror I could tell I had an interesting night. Now I don't have bad hangovers, all I ever get is a headache, but I've never lost my memory before. I trust Levi turned her back into a human before taking her home. That would be an interesting problem of the ice kingdom.

I remove my clothes; still carrying the smell of alcohol and prepare to take a shower. On my arm is someone's phone number. I remember a bit more now.
~~flash back ^(*~*)^~~

"Susan I'll be alright," I said. I wasn't drunk I don't know why she was so worried. I hiccuped as she was talking.

"Hex, I want you to call me in the morning alright?" She asked.

"Yeah yeah, but I don't have any paper or a pen," I say.

"I have one princesses," said Levi. Susan took my arm and temporarily tattooed her digits on my forearm.

"Wait come here Susan," I said. She walked up to me. I could tell she was mad, but not all the way upset. I knew she was also happy on the inside. I grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it. All of the zombie in her left her body and back into my blood via touch.

I don't know why I did that. I could've just touched her, why the kiss? She walked through the giant doors and disappeared into her kingdom. I got into the passenger seat of Levi's car and he drove me home. Once home I automatically fell asleep in my bed.
~~back to real time <(^•^)>~~

What happened before that to cause me to kiss her hand? I tried as hard as I could to remember but it was wiped out from my memory. I hurried and wrapped a towel around my waist before going to my phone and typing the number in my contacts.

I went back to my shower and of course took a shower. The water stung more than usual. Must've been the changes. Maybe it's just activating the Ender in me. I put up with the sting and wash off the smell of last night. I was about to step out the shower when I slip and fall flat on my ass. I sat there as the shower ran over my body. I'd be real mad right now if it wasn't for the fact my phone was ringing.

I slowly got up and out careful not to fall again.

Susan wants to FaceTime...

I tapped the answer button and shut off the shower.

"Good morning sleepy head," she says.

"What up Snow White?" I ask.

"Nothing much. Just enjoying the music festival here," she said.

"Music festival?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'd be fun if there were actually good players here. I mean some I can stand, but others need a little more practice," she said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"How bout I come and play something for ya? Spice things up a bit," I said.

"That would be funny. You don't even play do you?" She asked.

"Yes I do. I have a guitar. I'm good I guess. I've only played it for the children," I said.

I was getting ready as we were talking. Being shirtless was okay for me. I didn't have breasts and it made me look like a man. I was doing the usual deodorant, cotton swab ear clean, blowing my nose, combing my hair. I was brushing my teeth now.