Chapter 14: The Date

Susan's p.o.v
<(•+•<) <( •+• )> (>•+•)>
Riding on the back of her motorcycle was amazing. The wind was causing my shirt to fly in the air behind me. I was happy besides the fact that her long hair was flying around the helmet. I was okay with it, maybe just maybe this means something. Maybe we can be true friends or maybe she takes every girl on her bike. I shouldn't worry about it now I should just enjoy the time we have.

I don't know what it is. It's like I can't breathe when I'm alone with her. I was getting lost in thought as I watched the landscape change. My land of snow started changing.

"Hey Susan?" I heard softly. I realize it's Hex. It's difficult to here her through the helmet and the sound of the engine roaring.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Are you okay with leaving the snow biome?" She asks. We were approaching the edge of the biome. It seemed to speed up on me so quick. I grabbed on to her tightly. She stiffened and grunted before making the bike drift sideways along the road causing snow to fly up around us. How fast was she going?

"Susan are you okay with going into a different biome? I won't if you don't want to," she said so calmly. We were still. The rush of the ride had suddenly came to a halt. It's not that I've never been in another biome. It's just I'm usually always on royal missions or out with Vilkas.

I shuddered at the memory of that kiss. My eyes were distant for a moment before Hex slid up the shade on her Helmet and looked me in the eyes. Her eyes seemed to steal the air from my lungs. The way they seemed to speak without her uttering a single word. Her face was so sympathetic, her lips seemed soft and worried. I started blushing a bit as she came closer to me. She reaches for her helmet and slowly takes it off. She brushes my hair back down and slowly slides her hand down my cheek. Her touch was soft and smooth.

My pale skin was imitating a bright red band across my cheeks.

"Susan, are you okay with this? I know a few people who aren't okay with leaving certain biomes I'd understand if you don't want to. We can hang somewhere you want to," she says.

"No lets go, but I wanna stop somewhere first," I say.

"And where would that be?" She asks. I snatch the helmet from under her arm and smile.

"A village," I say.
Her facial expression went from sympathetic to confused.

"Alright then," she says.

I slide the helmet back on and slide the shade back down. I wrap my arms around her as she sped off again. I was absolutely sure we were going over the speed limit of this road, but it didn't matter to me as long as I was with her today.

🔥(Skipping forward in time)🔥

We arrived at the village around sun set. The sky was still blue, but shades of orange streaked across it like a kid playing with paint. The sun was low in the sky as she approached a village. She slowly came to a stop and parked her bike in the parking lot of the village. She kicked down her kickstand before getting off and helping me down. I took off my helmet and gave it to hex which calmly strapped it on her Cycle so intricately that I was confused even watching it.

Hex and I started walking through the village. Maybe we could go to the park? I grabbed her hand and dragged Hex to the park. I waved hi to everyone that said hello to me. Hex managed to get loose of my hand and had her's in her pockets. I grabbed on to her arm and smiled.

Her face was blank. Did I ruin our date? We stopped in the park. We stood there under the oak tree. Children were playing not far away, swinging on the swing set and having adventures in the jungle gym. People were walking or jogging on the paths and a yoga class was going on in the grass nearby.