☠ Four; a Goblet.

Author's Note: I realized that when I mentioned how I'm doing the Triwizard Tournament that was like several chapters ago in the 'family ties' chapter and it has been forever since I updated so I'm sure you guys forgot as I only briefly mentioned it so I'm sorry I should have re-explained it😅In this universe the Triwizard Tournament has three champions from each school so total of 9. I'm going to edit the chapter to explain better but putting this here for those who already read the chapter.

♛♛♛

Draco's Point of View

♛♛♛

"Watch where you're goin', Mr. Malfoy!" Scolds Madam Pince, the Hogwarts librarian.

Draco had nearly knocked over the poor woman in his haste entering the library. He ignores her, making a beeline for the 'fiction' section. With bated breath, he paces down the imposing aisles of deeply stained oak, scanning every spine until -

There!

He spots it, tucked away in a nondescript corner of the small romance section.

'Enchanted Encounters'

He plucks it from its hiding place with nimble fingers, opening it with the gentle care of someone who's spent a lot of time around books. Flicking through its worn pages, he comes to an abrupt stop when he sees the spell he's been searching for.

Lux Praevians

Casting a quick speed reading charm, he can skim through the rest of its contents in minutes.

Draco snaps the book shut with a thud, and a cloud of dust emits from its pages. He furrows his brow, and sweat beads on his forehead.

Just as he thought, there had been no side effects to the spell. The protagonists of the novel were in love even before they cast the enchantment, and all it did was guide them to each other.

Did he botch the casting somehow?

No, there's no way. He shakes his head as he mulls this over. I'm brilliant at charms...

Perhaps he's missing something... If the spell was real, it must be in other books, such as nonfiction. Something with more detailed information.

"Malfoy!"

Draco nearly jumps out of his skin, having been deep in concentration. He turns to see a quite confused looking Crabbe and Goyle behind him.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" Draco snaps through grated teeth, reigning in the brunt of his anger.

"W-Well, yes, but it's time for putting names in the Goblet." Goyle gulps, fiddling with the sleeves of his robes. "We've been looking for you everywhere."

The Goblet...? The bloody Goblet - !

"Salazar - " Draco curses, discreetly sliding the novel back into place on the shelf. "You're right."

In all the commotion of the morning, he had entirely forgotten the most important thing. The Tournament, and his duty to his father to be chosen. He had roped many Slytherins into entering his name instead of their own to raise his chances. Draco's not entirely sure if something that simple will work, but Lucius hadn't given him any further instructions. He had told no one his true motives, other than Crabbe and Goyle.

"Alright boys," Draco steps between them, clapping them each on the shoulder. "Let's go."

❦❦❦