❁ One; a Meeting.

━━━━━━━━┛ ☼ ┗━━━━━━━━

You jolt awake, tossing your quilt away from your body. Sweat beads on your forehead, and your breath comes in heavy, hot gasps.

Most of the details of the dream are rapidly fading, but one thing sticks. The face of that man. Empty silver eyes, skin bruised and bloody.

You rub your eyes with your palms. This isn't the first restless night you've had. You've been having these strange dreams/nightmares more and more frequently, leading up to September 1st.

Your first day at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

But you have no time to fuss over it now. Today, you're going shopping.

────── 〔☼☼☼〕──────

Your eyes light up at the sights and sounds of Diagon Alley. As a pure-blood witch who grew up in the wizarding world, you had been here many times before, but the atmosphere today is different. You see many young witches and wizards bustling through the crowded cobblestone path, rushing to get everything on their lists. As you scan the shops, a particular storefront catches your eye.

"Mum, look over there!" You exclaim as you rush forward, putting your hands up against the glass of the Magical Menagerie. A small western green toad looks up at you, slowly blinking its bulging eyes.

"Sweetheart, are you sure that's the pet you want?" Your father asks skeptically.

"He's adorable!" You look up at your father with pleading puppy eyes.

"Don't you want an owl so you can write to us?" He answers.

Your mother looks at your desperate expression and sighs, putting her hand on your father's shoulder.

"They ‌do have a public Owlery at Hogwarts, dear."

Your father sighs and nods, smiling at you before giving in to your plea and ushering you both inside.

────── 〔☼☼☼〕──────

After you purchase the toad, you perch him on your shoulder. "I think I'll name you Hopscotch." You say, smiling as you exit the menagerie.

Next, you must get fitted for your robes, so your parents lead you and Hopscotch to Madam Malkin's. Once inside, your parents look around at winter attire while one seamstress ushers you towards the back of the shop where they will take your measurements. As you enter the area, you see a young boy with striking platinum hair already being measured. He looks you up and down as your seamstress gets you into position and begins holding up different rulers to your body.

When he makes eye contact with you, your blood runs cold.

Silver eyes.

"I know you." The boy sneers.