☠ Four; a World Cup

You shuffle away from Fred, heading for where Ron is getting himself to his feet. Cedric is behind you, having a word with the twins. He seems quite flustered. You ignore it, trying to cool the heat in your cheeks.

"Alright everyone, this way to check-in." Mr. Weasley announces to the group before heading forward. It's amazing he can find his way, considering the thick mist that surrounds you on all sides. To you the area appears to simply be a deserted moor.

"So, (Y/n) - " Ron starts as you fall into step beside him. Cedric is still bickering with Fred and George, who seem rather entertained by the whole fight. "Do you know anything about pro-quidditch?"

"No, actually. My quidditch knowledge ends at the school teams I'm afraid." You give an honest response.

Ron's eyes light up as though you just told him he won a thousand galleons. "Brilliant! That means I get to teach you. So, the first player you MUST know about is Viktor Krum, he's on the Bulgarian team ... "

After about a half hour of listening attentively to Ron's intro to international league quidditch (which ends up being mostly him gushing about Viktor Krum), you find yourselves standing in front of a small thatched cottage next to a gate. Beyond the gate, you can just barely make out the tops of hundreds and hundreds of tents, poking out above the rolling fog. You can't tell where the campsite ends. The tents seem to go on forever.

Once Mr. Weasley manages to get past the Muggle till worker, your group is able to step through the gate. Once you're through, the mist slowly starts to dissipate. You suspect the fog was he result of a Muggle deterring illusion and barrier. By noon the whole field will probably be awash with fireworks and drunken witches and wizards stumbling here and there.

"Ah, here we are!" Arthur claps his hands in satisfaction, walking towards a quaint plot made for two tents. There is a little sign on each side.

One reads 'DIGERY' and the other 'WEEZLY'.

"Couldn't have snagged a better spot, eh Arthur?" Mr. Diggory beams, clapping Mr. Weasley on the arm.

"I should think not," Arthur replies, his hand shielding his eyes from the rising sun as he squints past the empty plot. There's a dense treeline just beyond a few more rows of campers. "The match'll be just past the wood there I expect."

"No time to waste then. Let's get going." Mr. Diggory rubs his hands together before removing his rucksack, which presumably holds the tent you'll be sharing.

You, Amos, and Cedric begin unpacking it. It spills out in a mess of yellow and black striped tarp.

"I see you've got house pride Mr. Diggory." You remark with a smile as you help to unfurl the bulk of your shelter.

"Of course I do, don't you?" He says in a light yet serious tone. He waits for your response, giving you the side-eye.

"O-Of course - " You start with a nervous edge, but are thankfully interrupted by the warm laugh of Mr. Weasley.

"Oh, Amos stop teasing the poor girl." He shakes his head with an amused chuckle as he struggles to stake one corner of their plain canvas tent.

"Oi - what in Merlin's name are you doing?!" Mr. Diggory gawks at his colleague, forgetting all about his challenge to you at the sight of Arthur constructing his shelter manually.

"Got to do things the Muggle way, Amos. Too far into their territory." The red-headed man replies with a satisfied grunt as he finally manages to get the stake in. "Boys - help me raise up the other side."

"But, Mr. Weasley - " You interject, remembering the wall off fog at the entrance. "There must be hundreds of anti-Muggle wards up around this place."

Ron and Harry's faces light up with hope, exhausted from the hike and eager to take a nap before the match.