☄ Three; a Revelation.

" - and then he said he wanted to be my boyfriend!" You squeal, dishing out all the details of your encounter to Hannah as you sit together on her bed. She's staring, dumbfounded, at the large jewel hanging from your neck.

"I can't believe he bought you something like that." Hannah whistles, shaking her head. "He might as well have bloody proposed, with the amount of galleons that probably cost."

"Oh, shut up." You shove her playfully, heart fluttering at the thought he might do something like that someday.

"But what about Cedric?" Hannah asks with a concerned frown, and your shoulders slump.

"What do you mean?" You look away, trying to deny what you know she's going to say.

"You have to tell him." She says adamantly, grabbing your shoulder. "He adores you, (y/n), and he probably got his hopes up all high after last night."

"I know... you're right. It wouldn't be right to keep it from him." You remember the way Draco's eyes had flashed with possessive madness when he told you not to let Cedric touch you. You fiddle with the emerald necklace, unsure of what to do.

☼☼☼

The next day in Transfiguration, you're sitting peacefully with Ron Weasley. You are attempting to talk Ron out of using his broken wand for your assignment when Pansy Parkinson saunters over to you with her usual haughty sneer.

"What do you think you're wearing?" She spits, eyes burning a hole into the emerald on your chest.

"Oh, this?" You smile innocently, fiddling with the jewelry. "My boyfriend gave it to me." You catch Draco's eye as he watches the interaction from across the room. He smirks, averting his gaze as Pansy whips around to see who you were looking at.

Thankfully, she doesn't catch the moment between you and Draco, and turns back around, putting her hands on the table and leaning forward

Thankfully, she doesn't catch the moment between you and Draco, and turns back around, putting her hands on the table and leaning forward. "Why did your little 'boyfriend' give you Slytherin colors, eh?" She hisses, lilting her voice mockingly.

"Why were you born with a pug-nose, Pansy?" Ron pipes in from beside you, and you snort, covering your mouth to keep more laughter from spilling out as Pansy glares at the two of you.

"I'll be watching you, (y/l/n)." She scowls, storming off to join the other Slytherins.

"Thanks, Ron." You grin at the Gryffindor, and he shrugs in response.

"It's nothing. Parkinson is such a pain." He rolls his eyes. "Are you really messing around with a Slytherin bloke?" He leans in, lowering his voice. "I swear to Merlin, if you say Malfoy - "

"I don't kiss and tell Weasley." You giggle, wiggling your eyebrows playfully.

Before the Gryffindor boy can reply, Professor McGonagall has begun her lesson. The two of you quiet down, not wanting to incur the wrath of the transfiguration teacher. You fight the urge to glance over at Draco during the hour, knowing Pansy was watching you like a hawk.