𓆙 Two; a Confession.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Author's note: As several people in the comments seem to have forgotten that the characters are aged up, PLEASE REMEMBER Y'ALL ARE NOT TWELVE. You guys are 15 about to turn 16 at this time as in this universe Hogwarts begins at 14. Thank you for reading ❤️

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☼☼☼

Your Point of View

☼☼☼

Your eyes flutter open and you see a familiar pale figure come into focus.

"Draco?" You breathe, disoriented. The last thing you remember is sitting in the library with Hermione before... You shoot up from the bed as you recall the horrid yellow eyes staring at you in the reflection on the window. "That thing, it got Hermione!" You exclaim, your breath suddenly turning to pants as you begin to panic.

Draco rests a hand on your leg, and you turn to face him, startled at the contact. "Granger's fine." He says, and you think you see a trace of disgust on his face as he speaks her name. "You were both petrified, but Sprout made a cure out of the mandrakes. The monster has been taken care of." Your breathing slows as you calm down, cheeks flushing as your eyes rest on his hand still grasping your thigh.

Realizing he's still touching you, he clears his throat, leaning back in his chair and removing his hand.

"What are you doing here then? And where are my friends?" You ask, looking around the hospital wing and realizing you are the only one there.

He shrugs, resting his arms on the sides of his chair and crossing his legs. "I guess your mud - erm, muggleborn friend woke up first. They probably brought him up to his room, since you hadn't shown any signs of waking."

You raise a brow, shocked that he corrected himself and said 'muggle-born' rather than insulting your friend. Now, you finally get a good look at the Slytherin sitting at your bedside. He has dark circles under his eyes and he looks disheveled, like he'd just been in a fight. His robes are covered in some strange slimy substance that you can't place.

"What happened to you?" Your brow creases in concern, and you have to fight the urge to reach out to him.

"It's nothing." He looks at the floor, obviously keeping something from you. "I just... got pranked by some 7th years, that's all."

"You, Draco Malfoy, the victim of a prank?" You smirk, disbelieving. "I'd have thought no one would dare."

"You'd be surprised." He says with an awkward smile, fiddling with the stitching on the armrests.

"You never answered my question." You change the subject, your (y/e/c) eyes looking expectantly at Draco. "Why are you here?"

"That's a good question." He answers, standing up from his chair. "I'm not sure, goodbye." He snaps defensively, starting to leave, but you reach out and grab his arm. He freezes.

"Please don't do that again." You sigh, looking up at him with pleading round eyes.

Draco softens at the sight of it, but tries his best to remain stoic. "Do what?"

"Shut me out." You reply, keeping your grip on his arm despite the unpleasant slimy feeling of his sleeve. "Every time I think you might say something real, you just - shut me out and run away."

The Slytherin is silent for a moment before stepping closer to you. He towers over you from where you sit upright on the hospital bed. He's so close now that you can smell green apples and a trace of peppermint, along with a strange mildewy smell that must belong to the mysterious slime. You can feel your heart pounding violently in your chest as he gets near, goosebumps rising all over your body.