☠ Four; an Attack.

🚨Warning🚨
Descriptions of blood and gore will be marked with asterisks

"Ced - ?" You stumble forward in the dim light, clutching the older boy's arm. You're still feeling out of sorts from your passionate encounter, and confused by the interruption.

One of the screams coming from outside sounds close and familiar. You feel the blood in your veins practically slow as your body grows cold with dread.

Ron.

The sound of screams is occasionally broken up by cackling laughter.

"Uh, get your things - " Cedric starts in a daze, but is quickly interupted by his father.

"NO!" Amos shouts. His harsh tone makes you flinch, closer to Cedric. "I'm sorry - " He says more softly, noticing your reaction. "But there's no time to pack everything. I'll take care of it. Just go."

"HARRY!"

You think you hear Hermione yell just outside the tent flap.

You jerk forward to move towards her cry for help, but Cedric is blocking your exit.

"I'm not going to leave you - " Cedric protests Amos's command, fists clenched at his sides.

"For Merlin's sake boy did I never teach you how to follow directions?!" He huffs, eyes flashing with the type of fear that can only be known by a parent. "If you won't run for my sake, do it for her. The both of you must get to safety. I'm needed here with Arthur. Now go."

The stubborn expression on Cedric's face flickers to one that resembles his father's current state of apprehension. He steals one quick glance at you and swallows before suddenly reaching down, wrapping his arms around you and slinging you over his shoulder.

"Hey - !" You yelp in shock, instinctively clinging to his back. Before you have any time to think you feel him run forward, through the tent flap and onto the grass outside. You crane your neck to look behind him. There's a surging stampede of witches and wizards pouring in all directions, pushing and shoving one another to escape.

Ron, Fred, George - You can't see any of them amidst all the chaos. You scan the crowd for Hermione's bushy brown curls, but there's not a single lock in sight.

Cedric is moving away from the Weasley's tent. You can just barely make out Mr. Diggory and Mr. Weasley disappear together into the fray.

"Cedric stop, we need to go back!" You slam your fists into his back, barely registering tears beginning to fall down your cheeks as you start to panic. Your head slumps back against him.

"Are you mad - ?!"

"They were screaming I heard them, I - " You choke on a sob.

He's still running away, towards the wood behind the campground.

"Hermione - she was screaming for Harry - I heard Ron too I think he's - I think he's hurt - " You can barely get out the words, your breath coming in short hitches now.

"Close your eyes." Cedric says abruptly, ignoring your plea. He's sharply diverted from the path, and is now dodging and serpentining through the rows of tents.

"What - ?" You snap, enraged that he's ignoring the plight of your schoolmates. Your friends that you're leaving behind -

"You don't want to look just trust me." He gasps, winded from either carrying you while sprinting, or the sheer terror of the situation. Or a mixture of both.

After this night you'll look back on this moment and wish you had listened.

You raise your head again, staring out past several rows of tents back to the main path.