❁ One; a Holiday.

━━━━━━━━┛ ☼ ┗━━━━━━━━

Over the next couple of months, Draco makes it a habit to sit next to you during Herbology. He claims it's only because Crabbe and Goyle are not in that class with him, and you are useful to him in that subject.

The vision of him from your dreams still haunts you in the back of your mind, but over time, you suppress the memory and deny it ever happened. Perhaps it was only a coincidence and meant nothing at all. That's what you tell yourself, anyway.

Despite your prickly meeting and sour first impressions of the boy, you believe you're becoming friends.

He, however, remains aloof and stubborn.

"So, are you excited about the holiday?" You ask as the blonde arrives and sits in his usual place.

"Why do you care?" He scowls, resting his elbow on the table and propping his cheek up with his hand.

"You're my friend! I'm just trying to make conversation."

"No, I'm not." He grumbles, rolling his eyes. "If you must know, I won't be going anywhere for the holiday."

"WHAT?" You exclaim, causing everyone around you to jump and Professor Sprout to shush you. You apologize sheepishly before turning back towards Draco. "Don't you want to see your parents?"

"It's none of your business (Y/l/n), just leave me the bloody hell alone." He stares daggers at you before shifting away and focusing on his notes.

Your shoulders slump in defeat, your spirits dampened by his outburst.

────── 〔☼☼☼〕──────

Later, you sit in the Hufflepuff common room waiting for everyone to go to sleep. You plan on using the fireplace for a floo call to your parents.

Once the last person heads to the dormitories, you throw some floo powder into the fire and pop only your head in. You open your eyes and peer into your cozy living room at home. "Mum? Dad?" You cry out and soon see your father's face come into view.

"(Y/n), darling!" He exclaims, displaying a broad grin. "What's so important you had to use the floo powder we gave you?" You bite your lip, afraid to explain the reason for your call.

"It's just... I think I should stick around here for the holiday."

"What? Are you mad?" He frowns. "It would devastate your mother."

"I know... it's just I have this friend at school... and he has to stay here all alone..." Your father smirks as he hears your story.

"He?" He chuckles. "Do we have a little crush now, (Y/n)?"

"Of course not!" You sputter, although you feel your cheeks flush. "I don't like him like that. It's just I can tell he's lonely. It's pathetic honestly, I'm just... trying to clear my conscience..." You ramble, deflecting his suspicions.