☄ Three; a Fear.

Your summer passes uneventfully like the last. You spend your days toiling in the gardens with your mother and your nights fantasizing about Draco. Occasionally a certain older housemate appears in your dreams, but you don't pay it any mind.

September 1st couldn't have come soon enough, and you feel new life spring into your step as you get closer and closer to the brick divider that serves as a portal to the magical station. Stepping through you with your toad Hopscotch perched on your shoulder, you glance around for your friends. Unable to find them, you decide to search on the train.

As you pass compartment after compartment, you notice a familiar golden brown mop peeking through an open door.

"(y/n)!" Cedric beams, stopping you in your tracks.

"Oh, what's up Cedric? It's good to see you." You greet him with a timid smile, feeling shy with the eyes of his fellow fifth years on you. Hopscotch croaks cheerfully.

"Are you looking for Abbott and them?" He cocks his head to one side, cerulean eyes scanning your body, which has filled out your robes in a more flattering manner over the summer.

"Yes, have you seen them?"

"I think they're just a few doors down." He nods his head to point further down the hall.

"Thanks." You bow your head politely before continuing on your way. You think you hear a whistle from Cedric's compartment before the door slams shut, and then there's some muffled sounds of laughter and a scuffle inside.

Just as the train starts to move, you find your friends. You slide onto a bench beside Hannah, with Ernie and Justin across from you.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Ernie chirps, shoving a pumpkin pasty into his mouth. He looks about the same as the last time you saw him, aside from a small streak of lavender in the front of his straw-colored hair. "How was your summer?"

"Dreadfully boring." You groan, leaning your head against the wall. "I wish you all lived nearby."

"Maybe next year we can visit you!" Hannah suggests. She's grown taller over the summer and her dirty blonde hair is now cropped short just above her ears.

"That sounds like great fun." Justin chimes in. He's grown even taller than Hannah, and you think once he stands he'll probably tower over you and Ernie. His cheekbones and jawline have become sharp and defined. His deep black hair is expertly combed, swooping gracefully to the side. "I bet your mother has a wide variety of herbs in her garden, if you catch my drift." He snickers with a cheeky wink.

Ernie looks up at him blankly, but Hannah snorts, covering her mouth. "We might have something to your liking." You wiggle your eyebrows in response.

"Oi, what's this all about-" Ernie protests, but he never finishes his sentence. The train has suddenly squeaked to a stop.