four: between the lines

"Now what are you doing standing here all alone?" Y/n asks walking up with her hands shoved into her pockets

"Now what are you doing standing here all alone?" Y/n asks walking up with her hands shoved into her pockets. Alicia's head turns, immediately their eyes locking. A smirk inched to Y/n's lips as she stops beside Alicia as the green eyed girl slowly puts a smile on her lips shrugging. Y/n reaches up, taking the ear bud from the girl's ear, placing it in her own hearing the sadistic music Alicia was listening too.

"Still don't like my music?" Alicia asks as Y/n shakes her head from side to side, gently taking the earbud from her ear before gently holding it out to the green eyed girl.

"So, why are you standing here like a bum?" Y/n asks, tearing her eyes from Alicia as she leans up against the fountain, close to the girl. Alicia's eyes stay locked on Y/n's side profile shaking her head before glancing down at her phone.

"Matt," Alicia responds. A small smile inches to Y/n's lips as her head slightly drops.

"He was suppose to meet you here wasn't he?"

Alicia nods looking up from her phone. "Yeah, but he's not responding to my texts. Somethings wrong."

"You should go to his house, see what's going on."

"You sure? We can hang out." Y/n looks to Alicia. The two of their eyes locking but there's hesitation in Y/n's eyes as she slowly shakes her head from side to side.

"A, you need to go. You said it yourself, something seems off. Matt always shows up." A low, mumbled sigh escapes Alicia's lips as she pushes herself away from the fountain, nodding.

"Call me-"

"Call me later. Let me know that everything's alright," Y/n gently cuts Alicia off, standing up away from the fountain now too. Alicia's lips curve into a smile as she nods, turning on her heels.

"Hey, you okay?" A voice speaks, gently bumping into Y/n, tearing her from her thoughts. She picks up her head and glances to the left of her to lock eyes with Nick.

"Yeah I'm good," Y/n responds, giving the older boy a slight smile. Nick nods.

"You're not talking much to anybody. My sister keeps looking at you. You should talk with her," Nick says, keeping his voice low.

Y/n shrugs. "We have talked, sort of. You and Rue sort of cut us off yesterday."

"Sorry. You two vanished and we didn't know if something happened."

"I know..."

"You also we're up all night I hear. Couldn't sleep?"