nineteen: 3 weeks

{3 Weeks Later}

{3 Weeks Later}

"Should you really be out here this early doing that?" Madison asks as Y/n picks up her head, locking eyes with the older woman who holds two cups of coffee. Y/n looks around and shrugs, shoving the shovel in her hands into the ground and letting go. It being firmly stuck in between the grass and dirt. She walks over to Madison who holds out the cup of coffee. Y/n grabs a hold of it and takes a drink. The sun just now beginning to come up.

"You could rip your stitches," Madison spoke as she looked into the distance. Y/n removes the mug from her lips and nods.

"It's pretty healed. I'm not doing too much lifting anyways," Y/n responds, shrugging.

Madison nods. "It probably feels good to be out of the house doing stuff even though I know you and Alicia have been walking around the property over the past couple of weeks."

"I-Yeah. Jake said I should walk around once I was up to it. Staying inside for that week was driving me crazy," Y/n informs the woman, taking another sip of the coffee. "Besides I was being careful."

"I know you were. Alicia would kill you herself if you weren't." A small chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as she nods, looking around.

"Nobody else awake?"

Madison shakes her head from side to side. "Nick and Alicia aren't. Nick was out late though with Troy."

A scuffed puff comes from Y/n placing the mug back to her lips. Madison turns her head towards the younger girl and out of the corner of Y/n's eye she could see the look on Madison's face. The look of question and wonder. Y/n pulled the mug down and shrugged.

"You don't like him do you?"

Y/n shakes her head. "Never have. He's...He's different from his brother. I could never figure out what though."

Madison stays quiet nodding her head. Y/n follows the silence, looking at the work she's done. "Hey I'm sorry about Travis. He was a good guy."

Madison looks to the ground. "Yeah he was but he protected this place. Unfortunately it resulted in the way it did."

Y/n slowly nods and lets a deep low breathe escape through her nose. "I should probably finish up before breakfast. Thanks for the coffee Madison." Madison looks over at the girl and holds out her hand for the mug. Y/n gratefully hands it over and gives the older woman a small smile as Madison walks away and Y/n goes back to fixing the mulch around the property. As she picks up her shovel her mind thanks back to everything that's happened over the last three weeks. They were full of laughs, deep conversations and pain. Travis dying wasn't expected and was a shock when Madison, Nick, Alicia, Jake, and Troy came back without him. Alicia stayed up all night talking with Y/n about everything but what happened. That morning as Alicia was finally about to pass out to sleep she spilled the tragic accident to Y/n. Y/n felt sorry for the Clark family. Travis was nice. He protected everyone even when he didn't have too.

Y/n shakes her head and goes to lift up the last little thing of mulch feeling a pinch. She drops the shovel and quickly grabs her side, leaning up against the fence. Low, long breathes appear trying to breathe as she looks down at where her hand lays.

"Y/n hey I was- Hey you good?" Jake's voice questions coming over. Y/n looks up seeing Jake rushing up. He places his hand on Y/n's shoulder trying to examine what was wrong. "Y/n, hey what's wrong?"

"I don't know. I was..." Y/n trails her voice looking down and removing her hand. Jake gently lifts her shirt and sees nothing.

"Nothings there," Jake says looking around where he had placed the bandage. "If something felt off it could just be a little something or your mind playing tricks on you. It's nothing major. You probably over did it with the mulch."

Y/n nods and stands up away from the fence. Jake drops Y/n's shirt and steps back crossing his arms over his chest. "Let's go get you some food yeah?"

Y/n nods and the two start walking towards everyone. Not everyone was awake. But there was a majority of people. It was a little community. A bit of people but not much. It was nice to some extent.

"Sit. I'll grab you something." Y/n nods and Jake takes off to grab some food. The girl let's a low sigh escape her lips as sits down at a picnic table. She sits there staring at the table in front of her. Small talk appears around her.

"You're up early," Alicia's voice appears. Y/n picks up her head and locks eyes with the Clark sibling who sits down across from the girl, food already in hand. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good. I was mulching and thought I hurt myself," Y/n responds, slightly looking away.

"Mulching? Y/n you need to-"

"Heal? Alicia I've been healing for weeks. I'm fine," Y/n cuts the girl off as Alicia tilts her head, scanning over the girl's face.

"You still bruising on your face. You're healing but getting out and mulching this fast isn't going to help that."

Y/n goes to speak but a tray of food is placed down in front of Y/n. Jake standing up straight with his hands clapped together. "There you go. Good morning Alicia," Jake says adverting his eyes to the girl. Y/n glances from Jake to Alicia seeing the green eyed girl ignoring the Otto brother. She tilts her head seeing Jake nod out of the corner of her eye. "Right... Im going to go talk to Troy. If you need anything just ask."

Y/n nods as Jake nods back turning on his heels and heading away. Y/n watches him for a moment before looking back at Alicia, pushing the food away slightly. She leans forward, leaning against her forearms.

"What was that?" Y/n questions. Alicia slightly shakes her head, beginning to pick at her food.

"What was what?" Alicia asks back, Y/n raising a brow.

"Did something happen between you two? Do I need to-"

"No!" Alicia shouts looking up swiftly. Y/n raises a brow as Alicia shyly looks around. Few eyes wonder towards her and Y/n but not long as they go back to their own conversations. "No. It's nothing Y/n."

"It seems like something considering you straight up ignored the guy," Y/n says and adds. "Plus the fact you just yelled 'no'."

Alicia kindly smiles and shrugs, swiveling her fork around on the plate. Silence.

"Alicia, did he do something? Did his brother do something?" Y/n lowers her voice, giving the girl across from her questioning eyes.

Alicia shakes her head from side to side. "Y/n it's nothing... Jake just comforted me when you were gone and he read too much into it."

"Read too much into it? Comforted you? What do you mean?"

Alicia looks down and shakes her head. "We...We hooked up. But-"

"What?" Y/n spoke standing up. Eyes wide. "I'll kill him."

"Y/n stop," Alicia stood now too, eyes pleading, begging for Y/n to not do anything. Her voice low. A few eyes from around the them roaming towards the two. "Y/n please stop."

"I'm going to kill him." Anger lingers in Y/n's throat as she turns and goes in the direction Jake had walked off too. Alicia's eyes go wide and she shakes her head swiftly getting out from the picnic table and runs to catch up with Y/n.