five: on the rooftop

Dinner was fairly pleasant

Dinner was fairly pleasant. Everyone engaged in conversation for the most part. However after dinner and a couple hours later, everyone had fallen asleep. Madison and Travis in one room, to the right of them was Daniel. Across the hall from Madison and Travis was Chris. Beside Chris and across from Daniel was Ophelia. On the other side of Ophelia was Rue. Across from Rue and beside Daniel was Alicia. Then the end was Y/n, with a couple rooms in between.

Y/n however wasn't asleep. Or well couldn't sleep, so instead she's been roaming the house and has oddly, to her, made her way to Alicia's room making sure to be as quiet as possible as she passed everyone's room. She slowly opened the door and peaked in finding the back of Alicia, who seemed to be asleep. A small smile spread to Y/n's lips as she walked over and sat down on the edge of the bed before reaching up, placing her hand on Alicia's arm gently shaking the girl. Instantly Alicia jumps awake and turns, the two of their eyes locking.

"Y/n, what the-"

Y/n reaches her hand up, placing her index finger to her lips. "Come on, I wanna show you something." Y/n flicked her eyes back and forth between Alicia's eyes as Alicia slowly nods. Y/n smiles gently, standing up and heading to the door. Alicia slips off the covers and slips out of the bed while putting on her shoes. Once she's got them on she hurries to Y/n's side. Y/n peaks out her head, looking up and down the hallway before glancing over her shoulder to Alicia. Gently the girl reaches over and takes Alicia's hand in her own, not thinking much of it but Alicia couldn't help the way her stomach turned when she felt Y/n's hand. But she said nothing as the two headed up stairs and to a door.

"Y/n, what is-"

"Do you trust me?" Y/n asks, cutting the girl off and stopping them. Y/n glances over her shoulder, locking eyes with Alicia's. Alicia's green eyes gently flick back and forth between Y/n's as a sudden change appears in Y/n's eyes. Slowly, Alicia nods her head up and down. A small smile slowly spreads to Y/n as she nods turning her head away from the girl and they go through the door. There a cool breeze hits the both of them. The dark surrounding them with only the moon and stars being the source of light.

"Wow," Alicia breathes our, letting her eyes roam the space. Y/n glances to the girl before carefully moving the two across the roof. Yet when they edged closer to the spot Alicia tilted her head as soon as the two stopped walking.

"Y/n, what is going-"

"Remember when we used to do this except it was always on your rooftop?" Y/n gently cuts the girl off letting go of Alicia's hand and taking a seat on the blanket she had set up. Once she's seated she holds out her hand, feeling Alicia grab it and help the girl to sit. And when she's seated their hands separate.

"Yeah, we used to sit on my rooftop after everyone in my house went to sleep or when we needed one another," Alicia gently replied as Y/n pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them.

"We needed each other a lot," Y/n whispered, Alicia barely able to hear it, but she did. She looks to Y/n, biting her lip. The other girl, stays with her knees drawn to her chest looking out into the night. The moon shining brightly above them. But Alicia was focused on the girl beside her. Her green eyes analyzing Y/n's side profile soon noticing burn marks up the side of the neck. She noticed them earlier but seeming them closer, she couldn't even imagine how bad it hurt. She couldn't even imagine what Y/n had went through. Alicia clenches her jaw, tearing her eyes from Y/n, a low sigh beginning to wither it's way out from her lips only causing Y/n to then turn her head to the Clark sibling.