sixteen: she said it

"Where is she?" Alicia shouts running into the house

"Where is she?" Alicia shouts running into the house. Madison turns and shakes her head walking to her youngest child. 

"Alicia, she needs rest," Madison informs her daughter, placing her hands on her shoulders.

"I just want to see her. She didn't look..." Alicia's voice trails. The images of what she had seen the state of which Y/n was in scared her. The blood. The barely breathing. The burising. The cuts. The mud. The dirt. The torn clothing. All of it was a lot to a person. Especially a young one even though the apocalypse has been going on for some time no one can prepare you for a sight like that of someone you care about. 

"She's asleep Alicia," Jake spoke coming out from a room. Alicia's head whips around and meets his eyes, quickly looking away. "You can see her, but your mom's right. She needs rest. We'll know more when she wakes up how she's doing." 

"Is she going to make it?" Alicia asks, picking up her head and locking eyes with Madison and Jake. Both of them -Madison and Jake- share a look before looking at Alicia. Alicia notices the exchange pointing at the both of them. "What was that? Why'd you look at each other like that?" 

"Alicia-" Madison breathes out, dropping her arms from her daughter's shoulders. "Y/n was shot and left to die. If Nick hadn't of gone with her, she wouldn't have made it-" 

"She shouldn't have gone in the first place!" Alicia's voice raises, tears filling her green eyes. Madison doesn't agree or disagree with her child, simply stays silent a moment. 

"I got the bullet out of her. All we can do now is...wait. She's going to be in pain. A lot until those wounds heal. I can give her something for the pain for when she wakes but it'll only do so much," Jake says. Alicia rolls her eyes and says nothing else. Instead, she walks around her mother and past Jake into the room he came from. She pushes the door open and instantly locks eyes on a sleeping Y/n. A blanket is draped over the girl's body. She lay on a bed looking peaceful. Cuts and bruising is visible clearly from where Alicia stands. The girl walks further into the room, shutting the door behind her. 

She slowly, hesitantly walks over to the bed and sits down on the chair. Her green eyes take in every inch of Y/n that she could see. There was dried blood around the wounds that Jake had tried to clean. Bruises covered her face. Y/n's lip turning black and blue, a huge cut from the middle of her bottom lip to the corner of her mouth. Alicia clenches her jaw, furrowing her brows. Her green eyes move along seeing the girl's neck bruised. Deep rope burns sinked into Y/n's wrists. 

Alicia's eyes look at the blanket covering Y/n's body. She closes her eyes, only imagining the worse of what Y/n's actual body looked like. What had been done to her and how badly it left her. Her feet poked out a bit. Alicia opens her eyes and looks down at them seeing what looked like rope burns around Y/n's ankles. She slowly stands and moves down a bit, grabbing the end of the blanket and putting it over Y/n's feet. 

"You look rough," Alicia whispers, sitting back down on the bed. "You shouldn't have gone. You didn't have to go..." Alicia looks at Y/n's face. Y/n's eyes still closed. Laying there, almost peacefully. The girl tears her eyes from the sleeping girl and looks to the girl's hand seeing them bruised. Black, blue, purple bruising covering the girl's whole hand. Gingerly, Alicia reaches forward and takes the girl's hand into her own. She holds Y/n's hand, feeling the warmth of it against her own skin. Her eyes close and tears slip down her cheeks passing her closed eyelids. 

"I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you, Y/n," Alicia whispers, opening her eyes and picking up the hand she holds, placing it up to her lips. Gently, she places a gentle kiss on top of Y/n's hand before placing the hand to her cheek. Alicia's eyes moving back to Y/n's face. "I know you can't hear me...But I need you to wake up. Not when we haven't talked. Not when I have so much to tell, and you have so much to live for. I know the world is shit. It's always has been but damn it Y/n...I love you and I have always loved you so wake up. Please!" 

Alicia sinks her teeth into her bottom lip. Her eyes blurry. Her head slowly shaking from side to side, not looking away from the girl. "I need you," Alicia's voice cracks. "I need you to be okay. Please...Please."