twenty-three: one bullet kill

"Y/n

"Y/n..." Alicia whispers as she walks forward and bends down beside a curled up Y/n. The girl shakes her head and looks dead ahead. Blood trailing the floor.

"She shot my brother!" Troy shouts. Alicia turns her head and looks to where the trail of blood leads. Troy stays bent down beside his brother who bleeds out from his chest. "I'm going to kill you Y/n!"

Troy stands and reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a gun. Alicia's eyes go wide and goes to stand when someone steps in the way.

"Put it down, Troy," Madison says, gun in hand. Nick comes in right behind and looks around. Both Madison and Nick look at what was happening. Jake's eyes slowly closing. Y/n sitting down underneath the window. "Nick help your sister with Y/n. No body else has to get hurt."

"No body else has to get hurt? My brother is dead! Look at him!" Troy screams pointing the gun at Madison but really at Y/n. Nick backs up and goes to where Alicia's kneeled down.

"Come on Y/n," Nick whispers and grabs her arm wrapping it around his shoulders then lifting. Alicia stands with them and stays close.

"She's not leaving! A life for a life!" Troy shouts, his eyes wide, crazed. Madison shakes her head.

"She's not in the right head space Troy. I'm sorry about-"

"No, no, no! You don't get to do that on my land! This is my land! The Otto land and she killed an Otto!"

"Nick, Alicia go now!" Madison says standing in between her kids and Y/n. The Clark siblings go fast out the door carrying a crying, out of it Y/n. Madison places her attention back on Troy keeping her gun aimed directly at him. "Troy, we're leaving. I'm sorry about your brother I am, but we're leaving and you'll never see us again."

"I want her dead-"

"It's not going to happen," Madison cuts him off, slowly backing up towards the door. "We'll leave, all of us. Don't do anything stupid."

"So she just gets away with murdering my brother? No, no!" Troy steps forward and a shot goes off. Troy jumps and looks down. A bullet hole through the hard wood makes his eyes go wide. When he looks back up Madison's gone. His eyes narrow and he glances over his shoulder at Jake. He shakes his head and runs towards the door and out.

There his eyes scan the area. Anger written across his face looking around seeing Madison almost to the house. He jumps off of the front porch and takes off running. Alicia, Nick and Y/n are all in the truck. Their bags all in the back where Alicia and Nick sit. Strand is in another car with Ophelia and Daniel already taking off.

"Mom, come on come on!" Nick shouts starting the truck while sitting in the passenger seat. Madison glances over her shoulder finding Troy rushing towards them. Her eyes go wide as she gets around the truck and into the driver's seat. As soon as she gets in she steps on the gas and drives fast.