22. Summer wine

Roxana

"So, Marco, what can I do for you?"

I can't help staring at him, how he blends in the darkness, how that ambiguous look on his face is unsettling me still, and I am not sure what to do. It does not really make sense to miss someone that you barely met, but in this brief moment, I feel happy to see him.

It's the end of April but this evening the wind is quite cold. Goosebumps are building up on my bare arms when the gushes brush them.

"I... actually came to see how you were doing. I see you are good, jolly, in great company, and..."

"Cold. I am cold. My only jacket is with Damian so let's go inside. Do you mind?" I say walking past him and opening the door to my container.

Is he slightly hesitating? I am not sure.

"Come on, you didn't wait till half-past twelve to not come in."

"Touché," he says, entering and closing the door.

"I will make myself a coffee. Want one?"

"No. As you said, it's half past twelve. You won't be able to sleep. Why do you want to drink one?"

"To sober up. I had four beers and I don't trust myself drunk. I don't want to say or do anything stupid. You still didn't tell me what I can do for you. Or should I tell you what you can do for me?"

Fuck, it slipped.

He just smiles mischievously and comes closer.

"See what I mean?" I continue while blushing and notice, not knowing how it came to that, that I am again pressed against a wall and him.

"Yes, well tell me. What can I do for you? I didn't manage to bring you a present so tell me, Roxana, how can I make that up to you? I was thinking of coffee tomorrow."

He is saying... words, but I see only his face close to mine and my body sensing his heat. See, I would really want some... coffee. But I smell of probably sweat and beer which is not so appealing.

"I would love some... coffee," I whisper, sounding probably very, very needy. Jesus, I need to do something about this issue. "But I can't. Stefano wants us to be done  with the roof on the east wing till Monday and the boys still have to exchange the tiles."

"But that's their business, not yours," he whispers and brushes his lips against my ear.

Dude, why are you doing this? I haven't had sex in three years, I am tipsy and now my panties are most probably soaked.

"It is. I am their boss and I told Damian, aka the guy who just wanted to tear you to pieces outside, that I would help. Won't let my team down. Bros over...Argh..."

And I swallow my unspoken words when he bytes into my earlobe.

"Over what?" he whispers while his tongue graces gently along my auricle."I could help you. So you finish quicker."

Quicker? Right now I would finish with light sleep.

"And after that, we could go for a walk or so."

"Am I being asked out on a date?" I ask leaning forward very intentionally, feeling the urge to slide my tongue over the right side of his neck but something is holding me back. Images of Bogdan screaming at me, of me on my knees in front of Ivan, and of Stefano unzipping his pants rush suddenly into my mind and I stop before touching his skin, slightly disturbed.

"If you want to give it a name you can call it that. But... Roxi? What's wrong with you, you are trembling?" he asks and puts his palms on my cheeks backing off.