T H I R T Y - T W O

// REALISATIONS \\

// REALISATIONS \\

Three weeks had passed and Jasper couldn't say he had noticed Seraphina being ill as such. She had begun craving more apple juice, and things like noodles, but he hadn't heard her being ill.

"Jaz." Jasper sprung up from his desk and left the room, finding Seraphina in the bathroom, head hunched over the toilet. Her body urged and she groaned. He realised now that she was being ill. How had he not heard it? Did his thoughts drown everything else out? Shaking the thoughts from his head, he rushed to sit on the edge of the bathtub and to grab her hair with one hand. With the other, he rubbed her back soothingly. He could now feel her annoyance and nausea. Had something stopped him from ding so before?

"It's alright, love. I'm here." He whispered to her as she lurched forwards and heaved. Nothing but stomach acid came up this time, and he could've sworn he heard Seraphina whimper. "Do you need anything?"

"I-" Seraphina coughed and felt like she would be ill once more, but nothing came up, so she sat down and buried her head in her knees - which she had pulled up to her chest. "I'm sorry." She mumbled and Jasper frowned.

"What are you sorry for?"

"You shouldn't see me like this." She mumbled and Jasper shook his head.

"That's a stupid idea, ma'am, and you know it." Seraphina cracked a smile and lifted her head. Her eyes were puffy and not so vibrant, her nose sniffled but the smile seemed to brighten her features. "Look, let me give Carlisle a call. Get a bath, have a nice time, and we'll go to the store and get something to watch a movie again, okay?"

"Can we...go for a walk, as well?" Jasper smiled, he couldn't ever say no Seraphina. Especially when she was like this. So, he looked out the bathroom window and at the cloudy skies and nodded.

"We can go for a walk as well." Seraphina nodded before her eyes widened.

"Shit!" She quickly stood, although she hated to because a wave of nausea washed over her, but she shook her head and jogged to her bedroom, getting her cell phone out. She dialed a number and waited impatiently for the reciprocant to answer.

"Hello?"

"ALex! Alex, listen to me. We need to go to Italy. We need to save-"

"Our parents? How 'bout hell no." Alex scoffed and Seraphina frowned, her pacing stopped and her mouth was left agape.

"But-"

"They gave you away, little Melody. They could've moved states again, but they gave you away to a stranger. I know he did a good job at keeping you safe and raising you, but they gave you away." Seraphina was stunned. She never knew that Alex would still be this heartbroken about it. "Do you know how painful it was to wake up in our shared room everyday without my little sister waking me up? Do you?"