¹¹midterm examinations

MAY
CHAPTER ELEVEN
"midterm examinations"

─────────────────

the midterm exams for the first semester of their school year had always been somewhat chill. they were fairly easy, as they were mainly about what they have learnt in the two months they have been in school so fara, as well as some additional knowledge that they had learnt over the years they had been in senior year.

however, when it came to the third years, it was a bit more stressful. they knew they had to receive a passing grade. it was their final year of high school, and in order to get into their dream university, they knew they had to be able to demonstrate some sort of strength, either in academics or skill. mainly academics. 

y/n was taking it easy, as she already had the academics and shit. she, unlike some third years, was pretty calm. she had it in the bag, and knew that she would receive number one out of all grades in her year level.

call her cocky, but she had high marks to prove it.

though, the same couldn't be said for a half of her year level. some people had their nose stunk in books, desperately trying to memorise and understand the topic fully so that they'd be able to receive a passing grade.

jean was one of them. 

and he was desperately trying to receive help from y/n or mikasa. but the latter was saying that she didn't understand some shit, so she would be asking help from y/n continuously. which only irked jean.

"you're not a dumbass like me, mikasa!" jean yelled frustratedly, trying to push the girl away from the spot next to y/n. "i need help or i'll fail! you're actually smart so you don't need help!"

the girl simply stared at him with blank eyes. "no."

"why?!" the boy let out a strangled noise. "you're not dumb!"

she continued staring at him blankly. "i need her help."

eren narrowed his eyes at the girl, as he leaned near armin's ear. "she just wants y/n to herself."

and though mikasa may have had a crush on eren, she had a bigger one on y/n. 

"she can help you later-"

"how about i help the both of you now?" y/n cut him off, sighing profusely. "i help you out and set you some tasks, and while you're doing them, i help mikasa."

"how is setting me tasks going to work?" jean asked, taking a seat on her other side, as y/n moved over.

she shrugged. "should challenge your brain. and i get to know what you know and don't know so far. it helped with kou so it should work with you."

"are you saying i'm as dumb as him?" the boy asked, scoffing lightly.

she deadpanned at him. "you're in the same class."

"yeah but i'm like, still smarter than him..." the boy grumbled, crossing his arms. 

y/n let out a small laugh at his behaviour. "honey, between the two of you, who's the one who's asking me for help right now?"

the group's second years, who were sitting in front of them, started snickering at the boy. eren pointed at jean, "she got you there!"

"shut up, jaeger! at least i'm fucking smarter than you!" jean yelled, pointedly glaring at the boy. 

"yeah right," the boy scoffed, smirking. "who's the one stressing over midterms right now??"

"eren, you were panicking and calling me last night about exams." armin mumbled, loud enough for everyone to hear.

said boy darted his eyes to his best friend, irises wide. "shut up armin!!"

"midterm examinations"

now, it was the final day of exams, and y/n felt like she was walking around with brain dead people.

it wasn't even that hard, yet her friends seemed to exaggerate it.

mikasa, the school's stoic yet beautiful senpai, was currently slouching her head on y/n's shoulder, a pained look on her face.

jean, one of the school's biggest flirt, had looked completely done with life, as he walked on the other side of y/n with his head leant on top of hers.

now for our protagonist. said-girl was walking with the two of them clung to her, a peeved expression displayed on her face.

eyes watched the three walk around the school, confused about what had been happening with the group. other third years laughed at the two students beside y/n, as they knew that the test must've killed them.

"y/n-chan!!!" a voice yelled from behind the girl. as the two humans beside her picked their heads up, as well as y/n turning her head around, the girl was immediately tackled into a hug.

spectators had widened their eyes at the interaction, how the well-known volleyball captain of their school had just hugged their famous international student, the boy now clinging to her like a koala.

the girl was stumbling a few steps back, somehow managing to find her balance despite the heavy boy on her. i mean he was layered with muscle, and was like almost seven inches taller than her. yet she managed to carry him.

actually, the scene was quite funny. compared to the male, there stood a small, petite woman, carrying a built, 6'2 male in her arms. the boy was clinging onto her, legs wrapped around her waist, arms around her neck and his head buried in the crook.

"please never stop tutoring me!" the boy exclaimed. "the tests was too hard and if it weren't for your help, i would have fai-"

"OI! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?!" a yell interrupted him. jean was mad that his source of comfort was taken away from him. he was already exhausted, and he needed to relax.

he then grabbed bokuto's body, trying to pull him away from y/n. but the other wasn't having it, he was sticking to y/n tightly, which troubled the girl slightly. "let go of my woman, bokuto!" jean yelled.

"she's not your woman, kirstein! and you always get to spend your time with y/n! let me have my turn!!" bokuto resisted, holding onto y/n.

"no! i was already with her first-"

while these boys, and mikasa, wanted y/n's comfort right now, all y/n needed was some sleep.

oh wait.