The Beginning

I jumped down off the desk, straightening my clothes and fixing my hair. Turning around I saw him smiling at me. Shaking my head I made sure nothing was out of place. With that I was about to walk out the office when he pulled me back and gave me one last kiss. I pulled away quickly and walked out and taking my seat to continue working.

The phone rang...

"Good Afternoon, Giovanni's how can I help you?".

As the person was talking on the other end I turned to see the guy who was packing orders he just looked at me shaking his head and then that's when I noticed my boss standing right behind me.

How did I get myself in this mess well let me start from the beginning.

3 years ago...

I've been working at Giovanni's for about 2 years now with this year ending making it my third year. I loved this job since I was such a people person it was easy.

My job wasn't the easiest place to be with my boss screaming and going nuts every minute. But I've gotten used to it!. My boss is crazy he does have psychopathic tendencies but who am I to judge.

I remember all the other women who worked with me would tell me how he was married and his wife would stay home cause he didn't want her to work. Or how he treated her like shit. With all the rumors I couldn't believe anything nor did I care.

Being 24, I was young and crazy. Plus, this job was off the books which I loved even more. I worked the morning shift so I was there from 9am to 5pm. Perfect hours only because I would be able to go out and have fun.

All the other woman who worked with me were much older and had a family so I was the youngest one there.

My boss was in his early 30's he worked along my shift and was out by 5 also. Coincidence I think so, we didn't really talk to each other in the beginning. But when my coworker and friend Lisa went on maternity leave I covered her hours and that's when it

My phone alarm went off I rolled over I clicked it off. I cursed myself for taking on these hours plus my own. It was 5:00am and I had to be at my job by 6am. I quickly got myself dressed and did my hygiene check. My hair was left out as I grabbed my peacoat and purse and ran like a bat out of hell.

About 45 mins later I got to my job with coffee in toe. I put my things down and got to work. By the time I was done it was 8:00am. The first delivery of inventory finally showed up. A young man got my attention as he wanted me to check the delivery.

Walking over I counted each item and seen it was correct, I nodded and started walking back.

"Excuse me, what happened to the other lady?". He asked

"Lisa?!".

"Yeah".

"Oh she's having a baby so I'm covering for her" as I shrugged.

"Oh ok well I do have to say you're a pretty girl. I hope she stays out for a long time" as he winked.

"Thanks" as I walked away.

"How about your number?".

As I was about to answer him with a polite way of letting him down that's when I heard..

"She's not interested!. NOW LEAVE!!".

I felt bad for the guy that my boss scared the hell out of him.

"I don't have you here early so you can flirt with the men that deliver things!" As he walked into his office.

Wait... This wasn't my fault he hit on me. I was just doing my job.