Gifts

Work has been crazy, I definitely needed some girl time. I got my things and went to push my time card through. Which means I had to pass by James office. I pushed my loose ponytail off my shoulder and walked by.

"And where are you going?" As he stood against his door frame.

"Well if you must know... I'm going out my friend Marissa" as I punched my time card through.

"And all this time I was thinking you were going to come with me so we can spend a weekend together" as he started playing with my ponytail.

"Sorry, but my friend needs me more" as I pouted.

"I guess then I'll talk to you later" as he winked at me.

"Okay, bye" as I smiled and waved.

The craziest thing is that we actually haven't slept together. And he's not pushing it either, strange right?!. I rushed out of there and went to my friend Marissa's house.

"Oh wow look who showed up" as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm working you know that, so don't even try it".

"That boss of yours still making you work those slave hours?".

"It's not slave hours!. And yes I'm still working those hours".

"If I didn't know any better I say that boss of yours might be crushing on you. Having you work there all day not caring that you might have a life outside that place".

"Whatever, anyway what's up with you?".

"Nothing just working trying to provide for myself and my child".

"Aww, how's little Leilani?".

"She's fine, she's with her father for the weekend. But the real question is have you met anyone?".

"Umm... Well not really".

"See the way you just answered that question makes me think there is someone and who is he?".

"That's the mystery. He's someone who I work with".

"A coworker?".

"Not really".

"I mean who else could it be if it's not-- OH MY GOD ITS YOUR BOSS!!. CASSIE WHAT THE FUCK?".

"It just sort of happened" as I shrugged. That's when I felt my phone buzz. I looked to check it to see it was him.

"Can you meet me later?".

I shook my head but didn't realize I was smiling as well.

"That's him isn't it?. How did this even happen?".

"I don't even know!".

"Wait... Isn't he married?. Cassie are you crazy?!. He has a wife... Whatever you two have it wont go anywhere".

"It's all for fun!. Nothing more".

"Everyone knows that two people cannot sleep together and keep it no strings attached. Someone is bound to catch feelings and that's the one who is going to end up getting hurt".

"Wasn't expecting to catch anything but a good time. So relax and let's enjoy this day".

"I warned you".

That night I got home around 11, the cold air wasn't playing. I put my bag down and went to wash my hands. I took my hair down and walked back into my room. I'm guessing my mother had to work late again.

I took my phone out and texted James back.

"I'm home now".

With that my phone started to ring. I looked at the caller ID to see it was James.

"That was quick".

"I've missed you!. Usually your here with me".

"Sometimes it's good that I get a little girl time".

"I understand, but I would enjoy it if you were next to me. So I could hold you with me".

"News flash that's what your wife is for. Just saying".

"News flash... She's not here she went to her parents house in Colorado".

"Did you just mock me?".

"Who says News Flash anymore?" As I heard him laugh in the phone.

"You know what since you want to make fun of people you can sleep alone tonight".

"Don't be like that... I was only joking around. So get your beautiful black ass up here".

"No".

"No?".

"No... because I don't drive and I would need you to scoop me up".

"Oh I was about to say... but never mind I'll be there".

Sure enough he was here within 30 mins. He honked his horn and I came out with my pajamas on under my peacoat.

"Why is it your always in your sleepwear?" As he pulled off.

"Well because I know it's late and I'm sleeping over. I don't want to be all dressed up just so I'll end up having to change anyway".

"True, didn't think of that".

"And I'm the young one here" as I looked at him from the corner of my eyes.

"You smell like peaches".

"I know it smells good right. Love this smell I got it from bath and body works".

"Great now my place will smell like you".

"Well in your case it's a bad thing but in my case it's a good thing cause then you'll always think of me".

"I think you sprayed too much and inhaling it is making you crazy".

"Hater".

As we approached his house I placed my bag down beside the bed. This house was huge but I always have to remember it's not mine.

"Oh I have a surprise for you".

"Oh really?. And what would that be?".

"Here" as he gives me a box.

"Umm... What is this?".

"Open it and you'll find out".

I tore off the paper and slowly opened the box and seeing the most amazing looking bracelet I've ever seen. My birthstone was placed within the jewelry along with other pieces.

"This is beautiful" as I couldn't stop playing with it.

"I'm happy you like it".

"But why did you--" as he cuts me off.

"Let's go to bed I'm tired and we'll discuss this in the morning. Plus, I don't want your questions ruining the moment" as he grabbed my hand pulling me to the bed.

Did this bracelet just signify that our no strings attached just got serious?.