Repeat Cycle

"Can you uncuff me please?". He stared straight at me with emotion.

"You think I'm stupid to do that?" As he rolled his eyes.

"What can I do?. I'm pregnant... This big belly would be in my way to harm you. Don't you think?".

He just sat there for about five minutes before standing up and walking over to me. He grabbed the key out of his pocket and gently released me. The feelings in my arms finally came back.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yes". He pulled out a chair and helped me sit down. Now I'm confused... What the hell is going on here. First he was aggressive and now he's the James I once knew.

"I know you love chocolate chip pancakes so I ordered it for you".

"Umm... Thank you I guess". I slowly started devouring this meal as I watched James who was looking out the window.

Silence filled the air which made this whole thing awkward. Anytime he was too quiet I had to worry he might snap again.

"It's snowing outside" as he continued to watch out the window.

"Really?. So early in October?".

"Yeah, the weather is unpredictable here in Toronto".

"I see". Figuring if I keep talking to him maybe I can persuade him to let me go.

"Maybe I'll take you out later if you're good so you can see how beautiful the snow is".

"I don't have any winter clothes". He turned around and stormed off into the bedroom. God knows what he was doing in there cause I was hearing him slam things.

He came out and through at me jackets. "Here goes the winter clothes you don't have. Did you think I would kidnap you and take you here without planning for it first?. Come on Cassie!".

"I'm not psychic James. Excuse me" as the sarcasm came through my voice.

"See right there you're doing it again. That stupid sarcasm is going to get you in a lot of trouble. I can't stand it!".

"Like your the only one who has a pet peeve list" as I purposely said out loud.

"Since we have so much time. Tell me Cassie what's bothering you?".

"Are you crazy?. Maybe bipolar or something. No way you can switch moods the way you do".

"Don't worry about me. But go on... Tell me". He took a seat right next to me waiting for me to start talking.

"I don't know maybe I don't want to be here with you. In a strange city far away from home. That and the fact I'm pregnant and I'm here held hostage with a crazy fuck. Does that help you understand?" As I tilted my head.

Damn hormones are making me too bold.

He didn't move, he just sat there and smiled to himself. I moved over a little knowing what was happening.

"Where are you going?. I didn't say move!". I gulped and slowly moved back to him.

"I have to use the bathroom" as I stood up.

"I'll follow you to make sure you don't do anything stupid" as he walked me to the bathroom.

"So you're just going to stand there and watch me pee?".

"It's not like I haven't seen anything already" as he shrugged.

"Okay... At least can you close your eyes until I sit down".

"Fine" as he sighed. Some nerve... Like really your going to watch me pee. Creepy!.

|later on|

He left me  not cuffed which I was thankful for. I was on the bed watching tv when I heard a Bing go off. I looked around to see James left his phone on the table.

Of course my gut was like get that phone and text someone letting them know where I am and what's going on. But then logically thinking he probably did that on purpose to see if I would do something stupid.

Fuck it!.

The Bing went off again. I clicked on the phone to see Ryan texted him. I smiled and opened his face to text him back. But I thought about that real quick. Instead I texted my mother and Marissa. Letting them know where I am and that I needed them to call the cops. And do not text this number back.

I deleted the messages and placed the phone down and tan back to the bed. James walked in as I jumped on the bed. He stood by the table and watched me suspiciously.

"Why are you jumping on the bed?".

"I bucked my toe at the edge of the bed and I reacted by jumping on the bed".

"Riight... I left my phone here while I was out. Did anyone call me?".

"I don't know" as I shrugged.

"Anyway I got you something that I know you'll love" as he smiled.

Here we go again... Nice James!. I can't keep up.

"Really what is it?" As I pretended to be interested.

"Well I was out and came across your favorite pastries. Baklava".

"Baklava... Thank you" as I smiled back.

He sat down on the bed and handed me the pastries. I wanted one so bad but I couldn't really trust James. He definitely needs some type of psychiatric help.

"How long do you plan on having me here?". I had to ask.

"As long as it takes for people to stop looking for you. I steady told you that baby is suppose to be mine not Ryan's".

"But it's Ryan baby. You can't change that" as I nervously said.

"You're right I can't change it but I have you all for myself. No one can change that".

"So you want me to go into labor and you just take on the roll of daddy and family man?".

"If you want to say it like that then yes".

"What about everyone you left behind. Like your wife?".

"You know the moment when you think you got everything going for you. And then like that the rug gets pulled from under you".

"What are you saying?".

"My wife is sick, Cassie. That's why I don't want you talking about her in any way".

"But you find it okay to cheat on her?". He wasn't making any sense now.

He stormed off the bed and started pacing the room. Here we go...

Crazy James is back.