Truth

Today I was being released from the hospital. Ryan offered to take me home. I agreed, why not?. He's been nothing but nice to me lately. I'm still wondering why my mom hasn't come to see me. I miss her so much.

"Ready?", Ryan came inside to help me off the bed.

"Yeah let's go!". He held my hand as we walked out the hospital room. I noticed an officer walking towards us.

"Cassie can I speak to you privately please?". I nodded and walked with him back into my room.  He closed the door and stood still.

"I don't know how to tell you this". He played with his fingers. He looked up at me and sighed.

"Tell me what?". Even though I was still recovering I think I could handle what he had to tell me.

"A neighbor called police reporting that a foul smell was coming from your house. When we got inside we found your mother.."

"Is she okay?. I was wondering where she was", I frantically searched his face for some sort of an answer.

He shook his head as he looked away from me. "She's dead Cassie. I'm so sorry".

My legs felt like jello, I held on to the bed for support. I was too much in shock to even show any the of immediate emotion.

"How did she die?".

"It looks like that night you were kidnapped, James made an unexpected visit to your house and he killed your mother".

"What?!. This is way too much for me to comphrend right now".

"Well I don't want you returning to your house. We moved most of the stuff out of the house already. Do you have any relatives or friends you can stay with?".

"Yes I do. My mom is dead. This is all my fault". I stood there in disbelief.

He walked out the room leaving me there. Ryan came in after he left and stared at me wondering what happened.

"My mom is dead. James killed her". Is all I could get out.

"What?!. He killed your mom?". He walked up to me and hugged me.

I nodded and was in a daze.

"Come on let's get out of here". He held my hand and walked me out the hospital.

The drive to Ryan's house was quiet. Noticing he kept looking at me off and on as he drove.

"Cassie I'm so sorry this happened to you. I blame myself. If I didn't sleep with you and impregnate you your mom would still be here".

"Ryan it's my fault. All of it. I take the blame". The emotion finally set in and I started crying. Ryan's hand came up and rubbed my arm trying to console me as he was driving.

We arrived at his place and I was exhausted from everything.

"I want to show you her room". He smiled and walked me to the room which the door was shut closed. He slowly opened he door and it revealed a room that was painted yellow and a white crib was in the center of the room. As a lazy boy chair was right next to it. So many stuff animals and books filled up the room.

Then the thought of my mom came to mind. She would never get to meet her granddaughter because of me. I turned around and walked away from him which left him confused.

"My mom won't be here to see her". I took a seat on the couch.

"I don't know what to say. But I'm here for you Cassie". He hugged me and cried in his chest.

If someone had told me a year ago what I was in for I wouldn't believe them. I would call them crazy.

Ryan was trying everything to make me feel better. That's one thing about him that would never change is that he tries hard to make me happy.

"Umm... If you don't feel comfortable I can always sleep on the couch".

"I don't want to sleep alone right now". I felt so vulnerable. "I can only imagine how scared my mom was".

"Cassie, don't do that to yourself", he stared at me.

"How can I not do it to myself?. My mom is dead because of my impulsive decision making".

"Don't blame yourself for my brothers actions. He's going to be in prison for the rest of his life. So at the end he doesn't win".

"It's just hard not to".

"You have a baby coming in less than a month. So try to keep yourself busy. I don't want you falling into a depression".

"Maybe you're right, and thank you".

"No need to thank me. I'm here for you Cassie and I always will be".

Short update!.