Danger

Finished getting ready for going out with Ryan. I wanted to be free of any tight clothing. So I wore a long maxi dress which did little to hide my stomach. My hair was in a bun and I was with no makeup tonight.

"Mom?" As I yelled.

"Yes baby?." As she came walking into my room.

"Just letting you know I'm going out with Ryan tonight. So I won't be home until later on".

"Okay no problem. And you look so pretty. That glow is shining".

"Awe... Thank you mommy" as I smiled.

I walked outside to see Ryan sitting in his car smiling. I didn't need him to get out to open the door since I could do it.

"You look amazing!. I love that color on you" as he smiled.

"Thank you" as I got inside the car.

"There's this place outside of town that few know about and I can guarantee we won't bump into my scum brother".

"Okay then let's go" as I insisted.

"So do you know what we're having yet?" As he asked.

"No not yet but in a few weeks we will know... Or I'll know more or less" as I shrugged.

"I'll like to be there for that. That's if you want me there".

"Sure you can be there I mean you are its father" as I pointed out.

"Thank you" as I felt his hand on my thigh.

We arrive at the place and he reserved a table for us already. It was a cute place very dim lighting and just candles lighting up the place. He pulled out my seat for me and I took my seat and realized he can be a gentleman at times.

"Are you okay?" As he sounded concern.

"I'm fine, just a little hungry. And hoping I don't have heartburn" as I smiled.

"That isn't anything bad is it?. The heartburn?".

"No there's this myth that means that the baby is hairy. But I don't know" as I shrugged.

"Maybe that's true look at my hair. I have a lot of it" as he ran his finger through his hair.

We ate and it was good. I started getting sleepy now. This was something knew everytime I ate I got sleepy. Damn pregnancy!.

I heard a commotion coming from the hostess station. Now I'm not that nosey but it was loud so I happened to look up to see the one and only James aggressively arguing with the hostess. 

"Ryan we need to get out of here now!" As I warned him.

"Why cause that dick is here?. No we're staying he's not going to chase me from going anywhere".

I looked up again at the hostess station to see James was nowhere to be seen. I sighed hoping he left and just happened to go away.

"Well, Well, Well... isn't it the lovely couple having a nice romantic dinner together" as he sarcastically said.

"James go home, no one needs you here messing shit up" as Ryan said back.

"Fuck you!. I'm here cause I want to talk to Cassie" as he pointed at me.

I didn't say anything I stayed quiet. I wasn't in the mood for this.

"What?. Cat for your tongue?" As he sneered at me. And again I didn't say anything.

"Listen James can you just do everyone a favor and go do something with your wife or something. Get a hobby".

"Cassie was my hobby until you took her away from me. She was a good hobby. Did what I asked her too with no questions".

"Well she doesn't want to talk to you. So leave us alone" as Ryan rubbed my belly.

"What?. Do you feel like more of a man because you got my girl pregnant?. You couldn't get a girl of your own so you had to be the snake you are and steal mine. Pathetic".

I just sat there and watched his unfold. I knew if I spoke it wasn't going to make anything better.

"Cassie!. Come on... Talk to me. You never had a problem asking for something else. So don't be modest with me. What?. Did that slap keep you quiet?. Maybe I should've slapped you early on".

"James that's enough!. Leave her alone!" As Ryan stood up.

"What I'm just stating facts!. She can stick up for herself. Like she did before she got slapped".

"I'm warning you!. Say something else and I will not hesitate to kick your ass".

"That's cute!. My bro Ryan is protecting his new family. At the end of the day she will always be a dumb whore".

Before I knew it the table flipped over with Ryan on top of James punching him. It all happened in a blink of an eye. I stood up and just walked away to keep myself safe.

I tried yelling for them to stop but that was to no avail. James stood up and gave Ryan a blow to the face sending him to the ground. I was in shock, James walked up to me and grabbed my arm tight.

"You're coming with me" as he gritted through his teeth.

The look in his eyes were dark. For some reason I was scared of him at that moment. I didn't fight him I just went with him.

"Good girl" as he grabbed my face in his palms. "Now I'm letting you know now don't fight me or you'll end up like my bro back there" as he warned.

I didn't say anything. I couldn't.

"Cat still got your tongue?" As he shook my head.

"Please..." As I pleaded.

"Shut up!" As he put me in his car. "Just be a good girl and this will all be over sooner than later".

As he started his car we sped off into the night. I can only hope this doesn't end up any worse than what it is now.