Truth hurts

I walked down slowly to the kitchen. My head was still spinning from the night before. Nevermind I was still in my dress from last night as well. Since that was the only clothes I owned at the moment.

"Hungry?" As he asked.

"Yes, very hungry".

"Alcohol will do that you, makes you very hungry and thirsty" as he started setting the plates on the table.

"What's for breakfast?".

"I made pancakes, you do like pancakes right?".

"Of course" as I smiled.

"Take a seat and I'll serve you" as he put two pancakes on my plate and did the same to his plate.

"Thank you, this looks really good!". It was better than good and I'm not saying this because I was starving.

"Can I ask why you were drinking so much last night?".

"Needed to clear my mind".

"And drinking helped you clear your mind?".

"It actually erased every thought that was stressing me out".

"Well next time you feel overwhelmed you can always talk to me".

"Really?".

"Of course, why not. I'm here to listen and like I said I truly care about you" as he stared at me. "And for the bruise on your arm I'll take care of my brother for doing that to you".

"It's not necessary... He just lost it with my smart mouth".

"Don't make excuses for him!".

"I'm not" as I looked away.

"He's an asshole majority of time and he's just stringing you along until he gets tired of you and moves on to the next one".

"Ouch" as his words stung me.

"It's the truth, Cassie and I would hate for him to actually hurt you mentally. You don't deserve it".

"Why do you care so much?".

"Because from the first time I met you, I knew you were special. You're a very pretty girl and you're getting taken advantage of from an idiot. Know your worth, Cassie and it's not with my brother".

"Well thanks for breakfast but I should be going" as I got up.

"You might want to shower before you leave. I don't know if you seen what you look like" as he smiled.

"Yeah, I'll shower actually I feel like I smell like vodka and it's nauseating".

"Good girl, and it's nauseating because you drank a lot of it last night".

In the bathroom, after my shower I just stood in the mirror just looking at my reflection. I looked like complete crap this morning. How did he sit across from me that whole time knowing what I looked like and didn't mind.

I didn't want to put my dress back on since it reeked of last night. I wrapped the towel around me as I walked into Ryan's room.

"Do you mind if I borrow a shirt?" As I yelled.

"Go ahead!. It's in the top draw on the right".

As I'm changing into the shirt, Ryan stands at the doorframe just watching.

"Comfortable?".

"Very, and thank you".

"No problem, are you ready?".