Last but not least

Soon after my crazy delivery I was cleared to go on home. Where was home?. My mom was dead. Even though Ryan was in police custody I wasn't too sure about him. Definitely feeling paranoid that he'll somehow escape and finish me off.

For now, James offered to get me an apartment to stay at until further notice.

"This should be the last of everything" he dropped the last box down and caught his breath.

"Thank you" I said while holding London.

"Let me see my baby girl" he gently took her from me and held her close. "She's so beautiful, just like mommy" he looked up at me smiling.

"Too bad you couldn't live here as well" I pouted.

"Let me clear all these legal things first and then I promise you I'll get us a house and we can live together freely".

I nod

"But don't think I won't spend nights over here every now and then. I do want to spend time with you both but especially my princess" he gave her a small kiss.

"I'm still sore from that birth. I can't wait until these stitches go away".

"Too much info, Cassie".

"What?. It's partially your fault why my vagina is all distorted at the moment" I scrunched my face.

"Yeah but I don't need to know details" he said.

Some branches hitting my window made me jumpy. I looked around and then back at James who gave me a weird look.

"Sorry" I shrugged.

"Listen to me, Ryan can't get you. He's in jail as we speak. And trust me when I say I have a strong legal team trying to get him life for killing your mother. You have nothing to worry about. You're safe".

"I know, it's just I been through so much and it'll take some time for me to get back to normal" I smiled.

"You sure?".

"Yeah I'll be fine".

"Here take her so I can put the crib up" he hands me London and I follow him to watch.

I find it crazy how we ended up together after all the crazy shit that happened. I do have to say I have one hell of a story for my daughter when she gets older to understand.

"These directions do not help at all" he went around looking for a missing piece.

"Calm down its right there. There's no rush. Like I said I have the bassinet, she can sleep in there for the time being".

Just then London started getting fussy.

"She's hungry" I sat in the chair and started breast feeding her. James just stared in amazement. "What?".

"Nothing, you don't pump and give her in a bottle?" He asked.

"I could but I like the bond we have. And hell either way it's the reason I got my figure back so damn fast".

"And I'm not complaining at all" as he eyed me up and down.

"Shut up" I laughed.

Later on, London was napping so it gave us time to just talk.

"So would it be stupid of me to wonder why Ryan killed my mother?".

"It's not stupid... But would it help to know why he did?".

"I don't know. But I would like to why".

"Usually I would support you on this. But going to see him is not happening just to get closure. I understand it's your mother but your safety is more important to me".

"Yeah... I guess you're right" I looked away.

"But on another note... Just to clarify somethings up. You are no longer working for me or anywhere. I have enough money to take care of you and London".

"But being home all the time is boring. I rather work".

"That's not up for discussion so don't waste your breath".

"Secondly, this apartment here is for you and London and no one else. I don't want to see people living here or staying here. For your safety as well as our daughters safety".

"Not even Marisa can come over?" I raised my brow is he crazy.

James sighed loudly "yes Marisa can come over and the only why she can is because she kicked ass taking Ryan in. And plus she owns a gun".

"That's what I thought" I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway thirdly, like I said I'll come here to spend nights with you and baby girl. But for right now I can't live here due to legal issues I have to handle".

I nod waiting for him to finish.

"And lastly, I don't know about you but seeing how beautiful London is makes me want more kids. At least like two more".

I felt his head to make sure he was feeling okay.

"Are you insane?. I just said I was healing still and you're sitting here talking about having more kids".

"Just a thought. But I want more, eventually".

"Well I'm still young... If we make it a couple of years later then maybe".

"That's my girl" he kissed me.

Short but I have no idea how I want to end this book at the moment. 🤔