T H I R T Y - N I N E

// GRADUATION \\

// GRADUATION \\

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up." Jessica began her graduation speech. She stood on the stage, looking out at all the students and their carers as they watched her patiently. She saw Seraphina, who was gripping Jasper's hand tightly. "Our answers were things like astronaut, president...or in my case, a princess." People laughed to themselves, and Seraphina sent a look to Esme, who sat behind her, holding Noah.

She smiled at her two month old son, before turning and smiling at her fiance. She never dreamed she'd have a kid at around seventeen. She always thought it'd be later, but she had found the one.

"When we were ten, they asked again. We answered, rock star, cowboy." A smirk found its way to Seraphina's face at the last answer, which made Jasper chuckle quietly and wrap his arm around her shoulder. Next to him was Benjamin, who had the same shit-eating grin on his face, for the same reason Seraphina had. "Or, in my case, a gold medalist." The crowd chuckled once more, before they quietened down to allow Jessica to continue. "But, now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well...how about this?" There was a pause as Jessica thought about what she wanted to say next. "Who the hell knows?" The crowd cheered for Jessica, who smiled nervously at them all. "This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train an get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent."

"Well..." Seraphina trailed off, electing small chuckles from the Cullens. However, a part of her was worried. She knew she could never grow old, that's what she gets for being a tribrid, but what of her son? He showed no signs of possessing supernatural abilities. He ate human food like she did and he didn't have a craving for blood. Was he really just...human? But, that wouldn't make sense. He had to have some vampirism in him, but then again, her little boy didn't have any gold flecks in them. Not even red ones. Nothing to suggest he had vampirism in him.

Jasper must've caught onto her worry because he pulled her closer to him and kissed the side of her head, showing he was there.

"So, make as many mistakes as you can." Jessica still spoke as people got up to get their diplomas. When Bella stood to get hers, Charlie stood tall and proud as he clapped for his daughter. When Seraphina went up after, he stayed standing. She grabbed the diploma with a broad smile before looking at Charlie, who seemed even prouder because she was a mother who managed to graduate high school. "That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be....we'll know."

~

Upon arriving home, Seraphina was quick to take Noah in her arms and hug him to her chest. She held him there for a good few minutes until everyone else eventually piled into the room.

"Sara-"

"Shh." Seraphina snapped at Rosalie, who sighed and waited there patiently. "I hate the unknown." Rosalie could hear the sadness in her tone and when Seraphina turned to face the blonde, Rosalie noticed the tear streaks. "I hate the fact i don't know whether Noah will grow up and i'll stay the same. I hate the fact i don't know whether he'll get to a certain age and-and stop growing i don't-i don't-"