Just LISTEN

*Ray's P.O.V.

After the movie, I took Tori home. I decided that since I was such a ass to Zonnique that I'd better go see her. I doubt she'll even open the door, but oh well.

Instead of parking in front of her house, I thought I should probably park about two houses away. If she sees my car, she won't open the door. I parked my car and walked to her house. I took a deep breath then knocked on the door. Zonnique's mom answered it.
"Ray! How are you?"
"Good. Yourself?"
"I'm doing pretty good. Nique should be in her room, if you'd like to check."
"Okay, thanks."
"No problem, hun." She said. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. I've been to Nique's house so much that her mother doesn't really consider me as a guest. I walked up the stairs to her room. I knocked twice, cautiously.
"Whoever it is, go away." She said. She sounded irritated... probably on behalf of my little phone mistake. I opened her door and stood in the doorway.
"I said go-" She turned around from her computer.
"Zonnique, can we talk?" I said. She rose her eyebrows at me.
"Talk. You want to talk?"
"Please? What I did earlier-"
"Ray, save it." She said. I walked in and close the door behind me.
"So, let me get this straight. You call me, but you're on the other line with Tori. So, what, did you ask Tori if she wanted to go watch a movie first or something? And if she possibly said no, I was your second choice?!"
"No, it didn't go like that!"
"Oh, whatever. I heard you. "Zonnique's being moody, so I'll pick you up for a movie in 10!" That's what I heard."
"Just LISTEN. I called you first but, while I was talking to you, Tori called. I beeped over and she asked ME if I want to go see a movie. I said I was on the other line, so I switched back to you. That's when I asked you if you wanted to go out. You said no, so I switched back to Tori and said that a movie would be great."
"Wait, why would you even go out with her in the first place?"
"I don't know. Maybe because she's my FRIEND. And, she actually appreciates me."
"Hold UP. You're saying I don't appreciate you?!"
"Uh, yeah... pretty much."
"Ray, you're so full of yourself."
"No, Zonnique, you are. You know you're just jealous because I have a girlfriend now..." I said. Oops, I didn't mean to word it like that...
"Girlfriend, huh? You could atleast break-up with me BEFORE you ask SOMEONE ELSE OUT!" She screamed at me.
"I didn't mean it like that. She's just my girl-ish friend..."
"And you think I'm JEALOUS? I would NEVER EVER be jealous of that hoe in million years."
"She's NOT a hoe."
"Oh, she's not? That's like saying Michael Jackson ISN'T a child molester. You need to find out the real story behind that girl, Ray. Because she's just wanting in your pants."
"That's what you think?"
"That's what I know."
"Look who's full of themself now." I muttered. She still heard me, though.
"Yeah, I am. But, when I find myself a new boyfriend, I won't go out and become friends with another guy then take him out to the movies and kiss him WHILE I'm still going out with SOMEONE ELSE. Does that remind you of anything that, oh I don't know, happened between YOU AND TORI TONIGHT?!" She yelled. I pretty much just sat there, speechless. She got me. Not only that, but she caught me.
"You... you saw that?"
"Yes, Ray. I saw THAT." She said. I looked down.
"Nique, I didn't mean to kiss her..."
"Whatever, Ray. I don't care if you meant to or not, you still did. But, it doesn't matter now."
"What? Listen, I promise next time-"
"There IS no next time, Ray. We're over." She said. Ouch. I never knew how bad it hurt when someone broke up with you. I want to cry, but I had to stay strong. She got up and walked to her door and opened it, motioning me to leave. I walked over to her.
"I can make it up to you, Nique. Please, please, please. I love you." I said, she looked down and bit her lip. She sighed.
"I usually NEVER give second chances, but..." She paused. I grabbed her hands.
"But, you know you love me and that I love you." I finished for her. I leaned in and softly kissed her. She didn't pull back, so I put my arms around her waist and deepened it. I felt her arms around my neck. She pulled away, so I started kissing her neck.
"This is the last chance, Ray." She said, of course enjoying me kissing her.
"I know." I said, sounding muffled. I pulled away.
"And I promise not to mess this up."

Tori's POV

Ever since Ray and I kissed at the movies, we haven't talked much. I don't know if he feels awkward or what, but I personally enjoyed it. Like I seriously care if he's still dating Zonnique or not. Just give me some time and he WILL be mine. Even if I have to physically fight for him.

*Zonnique's P.O.V.

You know, I'm really impressed with Ray. I don't think he's said one word to Tori ever since that night. It better stay that way, too. I'm in physical science right now, but luckily I have it with Ray. Unfortunately, Tori's in this class too. I was just sitting there, bored to tears, drawing on the back on Ray's hand. All of a sudden a note landed on hisk's desk. I turned around, but wasn't quick enough to see who threw it.

*Ray's P.O.V.

'Hey, Ray, it's Tori. So, listen, about what happened at the movie theaters... why won't you talk to me? I mean, I know it's a little awkward now, but can we please stay friends? Your such a nice, cool, funny, and friendly guy. It's hard to let go of a friend like you. So, I'm sorry about the kiss... it was probably my fault. Tell Zonnique that I'm sorry for making her mad, she's a good person. But, most importantly, I'm sorry for causing drama in your relationship with her. I know you two love each other, and I respect that 100%. Talk to me later.

-Tori'

Wow.

*Tori's P.O.V.

That ought a sweeten him up. He'll realize how nice I am and blah blah blah, then come crawling back to me, begging to become friends again. It's all falling into place again! Now, once I've got him on my good side, I pretend to be sweet to Zonnique when Ray's around, but when's he's isn't, I'll act like the spawn of Satan! Why? Because, when all three of us are around each other, Zonnique will be so mad at me that she'll be extremely rude and whatnot. Then, I'll act innocent and make Ray slowly fall in love with me. I watched Ray read my note. I saw him smile, then put it in his pocket. He turned around and slightly smiled. I returned it. I watched as he and Zonnique intertwined fingers.