You can trust me

Ray's P.O.V.

After I talked to Prod, I walked into my room and checked my phone. I had a text from Niq Niw that read "call me ;]". I smiled and immediately called her.
"Hey, Ray."
"Hey, what's up?"
"Well, Jacob called me-"
"Oh boy." I said, mostly to myself.
"Uh, well... maybe we shouldn't see each other secretly anymore." She said. I felt that devastated feeling wash over me.
"What? Please, Zonnique... don't do this..." I pleaded.
"Ray, I CAN'T cheat on him! On the phone he kept telling me how much he hated cheaters and if someone was to ever cheat on him... blah blah blah. Ray, I'm CHEATING on him!"
"Why can't we be together? I love you SO much, and I know you love me."
"Yes, I do love you... but I love Jacob also! I know it doesn't work that way but if I love two people and I'm dating one of them, shouldn't I stay with the one I'm dating?!"
"No-"
"Yes, Ray. I should."
"Zonnique, please. I'm BEGGING you. I will do anything just to be with you..." I pleaded again. Silence fell over our conversation.
"Ray... I'm just scared..."
"Of what?"
"I'm scared you'll hurt me again, I'm scared Jacob will hurt you, and I'm just scared of all this!"
"Zonnique, I promise I will never hurt you again. I love you so much. Can't you see? I'm practically insane about you. Nevermind, I AM insane about you. And what do you mean you're scared Jacob will hurt me?"
"He... he told me over the phone today that he'd beat you up if you talk to me. He got mad because he said he saw us talking today at lunch..."
"Zonnique, don't worry about that. If he wants to beat me up for you, then I'll take the beating. I don't care, Niq. I love you..." I said. There was silence then I heard her sigh.
"Well... I love... Jacob." She said, softly.
"Really."
"Yes."
"You just told me today you loved me, Zonnique." I said. There was another silent pause.
"Okay, I love you." She said. I smiled to myself.
"But I'm dating Jacob..."
"Here's an idea: dump him!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"Ray, no!"
"Zonnique, please!" I begged. She irritatedly sighed.
"No. Goodbye, Ray."
"Wait-" I said, but she hung up. This SUCKS.

*Zonnique's P.O.V.

Jacob came over that night so we could hang out. We pretty much just laid in bed and watched TV while I tried to ignore starting conversations with him. I felt really bad about what I said to Ray, but I feel even worse about what I did to Jacob. Jacob kissed the top of my head.
"What's wrong, babe? You've been so quiet..." He asked in a caring tone. I just shook my head and squeezed my eyes shut, blocking tears from falling out.
"Please tell me. You can trust me anything, I promise." He said in the same tone. The guilt of cheating on him just killed me. I pulled my head off his chest and turned my back to him.
"It's me, isn't it?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Then what's-"
"I'm cheating on you!" I blurted out. ~